I just lowered all the strings on my new guitar to as low as they can go (screws don't touch the base of the bridge), and everything seems so much faster to play, the strings bounce back after bends so smoothly and so much faster, everything has gotten so much easier. Does anyone else do this? Is there any drawbacks from hacking the action at the lowest possible height?
As long as you don't get fret buzz I don't think so.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
On the A string it buzzed a lot, so I raised it just above the point where it was buzzing, the rest are flush against the base of the bridge
Last edited by rubberbullets at May 15, 2006,
most guys like their action pretty low.

higher action, is good for helping notes ring out longer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah but what it was on was huge to the point I couldn't progress in my ability, I could play a few jazz songs but anything requiring fast hammer on/pulloffs or trills was just impossible, now I'm working through my old tabs and realizing how easy they are
thats cool. but havent u been hanging out in EG a while? i would have thought u would've tried an action adjustment a bit ago.

maybe all that pressing has worked ur fingers into excellent shape.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I was too scared, read so much **** about screwing up intonation and stuff, plus the bridge looked complicated, never realized how easy it was. It is about 1/4 the height it used to be, just makes everything so much easier
hmmm i dont like my action too low you cant ****ing sustain long even yngwie likes his action high compared to steve vai and joe satriani though does get me playing bit faster
Quote by jj1565
most guys like their action pretty low.

higher action, is good for helping notes ring out longer.

What about most girls? they like their action high?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Mine's as low as it can get without buzz.

Which, on my Ibanez is pretty damned low, but on my Fender isn't much lower than stock.
Quote by madpickin03
What about most girls? they like their action high?

Laf, my experience has been that more girls are all talk, no action.

me personally, i like my action a little low.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

the mind boggles
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join