hi there,

i want new pickups to put in my jackson dinky as i currently have EMG 81s / 85s in it but they don't go to well with the alder body and would be far more suited in my new schecter i am getting with mahogany body, what would you guys recmmend to play metal with, i don't want to spend to much! would Swineshead do the trick!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
hey sexyguitargod, let me know when you gette new pups hey, Im in the same boat. getting a jackson and I want 81 or 85 in the bridge, but im hearing bad things about that pup and alder wood.

Im not shure what would work good, but personally i didnt like sound clips i heard of the xbucker on some forum, but thats got nothing to do with how good they are going to sound for you It was a nice ols skoll sort of metal sound but not the depth an heavyness I am looking for.
i shure will do, the xbucker i had in a epiphone les paul for like 2 days and i think it sounded awsome, however, i dont know what it will sound like in alder. but i thiguht it sounded better than my EMG 81 in the bridge in my jackson! most people have said though it would sound good in alder because it would't make it too dark sounding like in mahogany

i will let you know anyway?

chers,james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
yeah, i haven't tried it, but i'd have thought it'd work well in alder. It might even work well in mahogany too, lol.

EDIT: you'll probably need to swap the volume and tone pots too, since the EMG's are active and the Swineys aren't.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
atm im thinking about getting iMarzio X2N's, they are passive and go fine with alder, and get great reviews by most poeple very metal pups.

Very high powered if thats what you are looking for, close to 81 and 85, maby stronger.

But changing to passive is a problem.
X2N...im gonna have to go for a no

it just seemed lacking, and easily muddy

swinesheads as mentioned or a BL (www.billlawrence.com) - 500xl bridge, l, r, or c in neck (l more like an emg 85, r more like an emg 60, and c ideal for clean)

just in slight comparison (the BLs and the EMGs) compared to the bridge pickup and output
-Mike