hi, im doing a gcse performance next week and im stuck with having to do lose yourself with some who raps, im finding it hard coming up with a solo for the end of the song, i need help, nothing to hard, just a easy cool sounding solo!
i think the song is written in ....

D,Eb,F,G,A,Bb,C

pick that scale or any of its modes and play with it.....
why are u involved with some rappers ?
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Quote by PooKoo
rap is cool, Eminem is not ^
Really ?
like the songs have meaning !!!
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
im not looking for a war over rap/hip hop, its just something my teacher says i have to do. has anyone got any ideas of a solo they wana share???
the basis of the song is C,D,Eb so i'd prolly base the scale on that..... the D pentatonic in that aspect would clash a little w/ the Eb (Eb and F wouldn't fit really harmonically together)
I'm pretty sure it's in Em and goes:

E--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--
B--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--
G--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--4--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--0--
D--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--0--
A--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--
E--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--X--

Because there are only two notes in the chords, you can look at the second one, especially, as a bunch of different things. You can call it an E augmented, an Em6, and so on. I recommend you play from the E minor pentatonic, E harmonic minor, and E Spanish phrygian scales over the first chord and switch to the E minor pentatonic and E phrygian mode for the second chord. You could learn a couple of E augmented arpeggios and throw them over the second chord, too.

Here's one example of E Spanish phrygian:

E---------------------------------------12--
B-----------------------12--13--15-------
G------------13--14-----------------------
D--14--15---------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------

Here's an example of an E augmented arpeggio:

E-----------------------
B----------------5--9--
G---------5--7---------
D-----6----------------
A--7-------------------
E-----------------------

Have fun.
Quote by Craigo
^^^ How. With a name like that, I was expecting a idiotic answer. I'm gonna vote you for best newbie in the annual UG awards. Feel honored.

Ban rap? If you think anything else, YOU are the idiot, that's exactly the sort of answer I would expect from someone like that. This is a guitar forum, for people who know rap pure masturbation, completely devoid of artistic merit and only a source of profit.
rap's cool. dont like it, i dont care. oh wait im to cool for most people cuse i dont dress all black and wear band shirts like most people do here. ahahaha
-PV14 Mixer
-Crown XTI 1000 Amp
-Two PR15 mains
-Shure SM58
-Dbx compressor/gate
Quote by rubberbullets
pure masturbation, completely devoid of artistic merit and only a source of profit.

Are we talking about rap or 80's hair metal?
Thanks to the reply BANRAP, if everyone else dont like hip hop, owell , nor do i , dont go off on one