In Satriani's "Super Colossal" i know that he uses an Octave pedal, it says on pretty much every tab for it, everywhere. What it doesn't say is which one. I was wondering if anyone knew what Octave pedal satch uses, or maybe which one it sounds like? Thanks
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
well, that changes EVERYTHING!!!
Last edited by Joe_Wilcox at May 15, 2006,
the Electroharmonix POG (polyphonic octave generator) is used for Super Colossal (as the thing has got multiple octaves for that huge sound it has)
http://ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F24%5FSynthesis%2F02%5FPog

other than that he has:
Fulltone Ultimate Octave (general slightly fuzzy octave up, think Hendrix style bit not as crazy)
Digitech Whammy (octave up/down and all the wierd pitch shifting stuff)
Boss OC3 (octave down)
Boss PS5 (harmonizer)
Last edited by seljer at May 15, 2006,
Nope. He used a Fulltone on en song "super colossal".
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I saw him April 21st at House of Blues Orlando on his Super Colossal tour and he was indeed using the POG. My friend downloaded the Super Colossal lead tone for his PODxt live and it sounds just like it.

OH ya and heres a picture in which you can somewhat see his setup not big enough to fully tell though.

Last edited by stratster23 at May 15, 2006,
Geez, the POG is £250. Well thats that idea out the window. Thanks guys.

Edit: reading that again, it sounded ungrateful. Sorry if it does :P i didn't mean it to.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
I read an interview where he told that he used the Fulltone.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
I read an interview where he told that he used the Fulltone.

Well he did. Its still on his pedalboard and I think I can hear it all over the album in the slightly more fuzzyish guitar leads

Quote by stratster23

OH ya and heres a picture in which you can somewhat see his setup not big enough to fully tell though.

http://www.satriani.com/gallery/2006-03-10_rehearsal/IMG_3086.jpg

just trying to identify things: what are the 2 boss pedals visible on the left? the orange one and the brown one

i mean going from right to left its:
wah wah
EHX Pog
Boss DS1
Boss PS5
Boss OC2 (and above these 2 theres some kind of power supply)
Full tone Ultimate Octave (and above the fulltone theres a Boss CE5)
and half of what seems to be a Boss DD6

the orange one is...another DS1? and the brown is....?? because besides the OC series the only brown boss pedals are the bass effects, and I doubt its another OC2 because its a different shade of brown (but there are difference between the japan/taiwan boss pedals...)

edit: boss's analog delay pedals where pink. maybe its the lighting and its one of those?
Last edited by seljer at May 15, 2006,
the "brown" one looks more like a red/ dark orange. possibly a turbo distortion? Satch sure loves his Boss pedals.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
Quote by Joe_Wilcox
the "brown" one looks more like a red/ dark orange. possibly a turbo distortion? Satch sure loves his Boss pedals.

The problem is that those have got 4 knobs