Hey im purchasing a new amp in the next couple weeks and iv decided im definatley going tube for this one I just dont know which one. Im between a vox ac30 and a blues delux. I want a amp that goes well with lots of diffrent overdrive pedals and so on. I have a Gibson SG standard. Any one have other suggestiosn, my price range is a little under or over $1000
Hey
What're your playing styles and what exact sounds are you looking for?
And them amps you're looking at are pretty damn great.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Vox AC30 is nice. I really like the half stack. I've never thied the other one, but try both and see for yourself.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
see I love playing every style of music I mostly play Rock, Classic rock, Blues, and occasionaly i like to play some Sabbath and heavy stuff like that. But im going for a more rock blues, Zeppelin feel.
Hey
my fender blues junior sounds great and is affordable. so i'd say fenders are good tube amps.
so do you think that the blues delux, since its 40w of tube, will do go in gigs big and small.
Hey
peavey classic 30...its similar to those, though it has more of a marshally overdrive than fendery i find
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Yup, it'll do them both, but it'll be better to mic it at bigger gigs.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Id say a used Marshall JCM800. I have one and pay Led Zeppelin and Sabbath alot. It can handle it great (even without an OD). It will great OD pedals and such.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^^ Except you have to go and fish it out on ebay
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
yea see I need to get one at guitar center cuz im doing the 15 months of no payments or intrest.
Hey
^Well id say go for a JCM800 or a DSL if you want t new one.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

AC30. You said you had a bunch of OD/dist boxes, so a Marshall might have too much gain. That and I don't like them [ducks].
^Still MArhsall has the gain he needs. They work great with OD's.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Yeah, that's the thing. If he's going to get distortion from pedals, why wouldn't you want a good clean amp rather than redundant distortion? An AC30 can do everything he wants with a light OD, so I figured that'd be better gainwise than a Marshall.
^If he will use pedals, then AC30. You gotta love its clean soudns!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by jrthegreat91
I want a amp that goes well with lots of diffrent overdrive pedals and so on.

That means yes.
AC30 it is!
I hear ac30 dont go good with pedals but i hear the blues delux goes great. I also love the fact that the Fender is 400 Cheaper than the Vox and is more watts
Hey
AC30's like good pedals, its stupid to put some crappy-ass pedals in front of a great amp

since you already have a SG and some OD pedals, you can get an AC30 and get superior cleans with some nice distortion with the SG and OD pedal. The distortion will be more of a hard rock/classic rock tone though. Never-the-less, all of the tone that you do get will be really good.
2^No, the AC30 goes very well with pedals. The only one I tried that it didn't like was a boss OC-3 Octave. It sounds good on it's own, too.
ac30 works freakking good with pedals man. and i would say... get an amp with a killer clean sound if you wanna use pedals for it.
Quote by Parkerkills
how come?

The octave just sounded wrong, the added low note overtook the regular note and made it sound really sludgy and messy.
you dont think that the 400 dollar price drop and 10 extra watts would be a good reason to go with the fender?
Hey
^No. 10 watts will make no difference. Actually the AC30 may be louder, having two speakers. And $400 is a good amount of money but why compromise your tone if you have the money?
any traynors at your GC? those things work hard, great workhorse amp - excellent tone, response, and characteristics - it's voiced a little different than the voxes, fenders, and marshalls
-Mike