my RR-1 came with a JB and Jazz (as they all do i think). im not all too happy with them (mostly the JB) and since summer is coming ill have the spare cash to get them changed.. As i stated in my other posts i play stuff like Maiden, Helloween, Dream Evil, Hammerfall etc, so what would my best pickup choices be from each brand (dimarzio, duncan, bare knuckle or anything else worth mention)?
go for a bare kncukle war pig if you can afford it, what wood is the RR1. also, check out swineshead xbcuker www.swinesheadpickups.com dont be put off by the very low price, they are hand wound like BKP but are far cheaper. i would highly recommend them!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
the rhoads is an alder.. im assuming you would take the war pig for the bridge?? if its the best ill make it a point to afford it lol.. what would you put in the neck? while i play mostly metal of the sort i listed above i would like at least a decent clean sound
if you want the best of the best go for

Neck - BKP Nail Bomb (awsome distortion and OK cleans)

Bridge - BKP War Pig (amazing!!!!!!) or a BKP Mircle Man (slightly more powerful but not as nice cleans AT ALL!!) i would go for a war pig!

Cheaper option - but still awsome

Neck - Swineshead Warthog

Bridge - Swineshead Xbucker

EMG's DO NOT SOUND GOOD IN ALDER, STAY AWAY!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
i guess you use the bridge more so if you can't afford both BKP (like me) then get a BKP war pig in the bridge and a Swineshead Warthog in the neck!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
does anyone else agree that the BK warpig is the best bridge pickup to play things like Iron Maiden, Dream Evil, Helloween, Hammerfall etc?? if theres no other suggestion ill get that.. but im probably not sold on a Nailbomb for the bridge.. actually while i doubt duncan hot rails are known for their cleans i got them in my SL-1 and i love them.. i cant put a hot rail in my RR-1 but does BK make something that sounds more along the lines of that?
the holy diver's meant to be good for maiden and the like.

what amp do you have?

problem is, I only really know maiden and helloween, I don't know what the others are like. I'd say the warpig is too modern sounding for helloween and maiden, though. And it's higher output than the miracle man, too.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I live in america.. but as far as i kno i can order them here.. what would the tone differences be between a miracle man and a warpig?? i probably only have one shot at this lol so i would like to get it right
well maiden and Helloween are my favorite 2 so those would i guess be the more important ones.. i kno better than to go with EMGs lol my DK-1 has em and ill probly be replacing them too
Quote by Butt Savage
I live in america.. but as far as i kno i can order them here.. what would the tone differences be between a miracle man and a warpig?? i probably only have one shot at this lol so i would like to get it right

if you decide to go with bareknuckles, I'd register on the forum over there ( www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk ) and ask the exact question you asked here. The guys here (including me, and perhaps excluding D man) pretty much know jack about BK's compared to the guys over there.

Bear in mind, there are lots of good pickup guys in america- WCR ( www.crcoils.com) , SD (www.sdpickups.com) , wolfetone ( www.wolfetone.com ) , high order ( www.highorderpickups.com ) which might be a bit cheaper than BK's. But as I said- if you do decide to go for BK's, don't go by our recommendations, lol- register over there and/or send an email to tim (mr bareknuckle).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i understand what you are saying. i was just asking about them specifically because thats what was recommended.. when i origionally posted i asked what the best options by different brands were
^ yeah, i know. AFAIK, the miracle man is ceramic, while the warpig is alnico V. The warpig will have better cleans, has a more organic tone, and has more gain and chug. The miracle man is tighter, a bit less gain, a bit brighter, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
how do those companies u named above compare to BKs? about the same better or worse? price isnt really an issue but being that i dont really have access to anything other than Duncan Dimarzio and EMG i gotta order something so i would like to get it right the 1st time
^ I have no idea, because I haven't tried them (or BKP's). I hear good things but that's all. And that doesn't tell you much, because most of the people saying the good things have maybe only tried one boutique pickup company...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ therein lies the problem, I'm afraid. and even if you find someone who HAS tried them all, it's still personal preference.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea i know what u mean.. ive heard more of BKs than of any1 else so i guess ill try my luck with them (asking their guys like you suggested).. thanks for everything
^ to be fair you've probably only heard more of BK's because of guys like me and d man, lol. If you go to other forums, you'll not hear much of them at all. I know I'm not making it any easier, I'm just trying to give you as unbiased an answer as I can...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea i understand.. but at the same time there isnt any1 here who preaches any other brands.. at least engl and BK has you on their side lol
^

i haven't tried BK's, though, i'm going on hearsay on those. And kind of based on my swineys...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?