Hey, I was just wondering if you would consider this guy to be good at soloing and shredding and stuff, because I am kinda a noob to guitar.

I wont say his name or what band he is in incase you hate them, even though it says it right abouve the video try not to look!

What do you think:

Video......
You Being Young and New to guitar is why you think he is amazing.

To put it simply he isnt amazing but he isnt crap either he is a decent Guitarist just nothing Great. Though i personally think he is better than the rest of the mainstream crap guitarists out right now. But there are so many numerous guitarists in the underground and old school guitarists that blow him to hell.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
hes bad, dont get me wrong im no better or even close, but he is not a good player. i used to think he was good but i change my opinion
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
man, he has speed, but he hasnt any tone man! ok i only use scales to get back to the basic shapes, but man, wtf..speed yes, creativity no..dunno, good no
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
Last edited by herschel at May 15, 2006,
thats to those who didnt flame...i am pretty new to guitar and i just saw them live a few days ago and didnt expect any solos or much along the lines of that but they seemed to be pretty good at what they do.

i know the older guitarists are better, i am a big fan of page and angus young but for the mainstream music today, i am sick of the crappy ass guitarists.

so compared to music today, he would be considered pretty good?
Quote by herschel
man, he has speed, but isnt it tone man! ok i only use scales to get back to the basic shapes, but man, wtf..speed yes, creativity no..dunno, good no

He can play fast but thats nothing special, everyone can play fast. Granted, he has some techniques like tapping and sweeping but he hasnt got any real tone or rhythmn.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
i love how he steals sweet child o mine and then just plays it in a diminished/minor key in the beginning.

score one for originality
sorry for posting twice.

he IS talented. you can tell he's been playing a while.
good?
**** no. i hate the guy.
the whole band is really fake and full of themselves and really unoriginal in all ways... i just hate the music.

but he can find his way around the neck.
probably some other things too.
Ill agree he is better than the other crap mainstream guitarists out now he is the best among them but there are so many guitarists better still.

He needs to work on technique as he is a tad sloppy and i personally think the tapping was horrible still love the band though
I think their pretty good when compared to most mainstream bands. Like, newer bands.
Yea, wow, the way he is playing in that video is pretty terrible. He doesn't even stop the stirng from ringing before he plays another note, even with the dampener........even I can do that.
Those who think he sucks, post your stuff here. I'd be interesting to hear how much better you are than him.

BTW- How much do you make playing guitar?
Compared to other bands today who would put on better show? None that I could think of are very good with their guitar work....Coheed and Cambria were on before A7X and they were OK...they finished with a long solo but it was terrible....
he hasnt any tone, sorry my mistake of last quote:

man, he has speed, but isnt it tone man! ok i only use scales to get back to the basic shapes, but man, wtf..speed yes, creativity no..dunno, good no</quote>
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
i work on this principal ''if i can play it it aint great'' and i recon with enough prac i could ply it
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
I gotta start using a hair thingy to mute the strings, that must be the fourth person i've heard that uses it.
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by Chazzy29
Those who think he sucks, post your stuff here. I'd be interesting to hear how much better you are than him.

BTW- How much do you make playing guitar?

Ashley Simpson makes more than any of us ever will, is she good? Your theory is utterly ridiculous.

And to the other guy who asked who can put on a better show, wow.........I could name hundreds of bands that could. I'm not going to though.
Strictly a matter of opinion - there will always be haters and followers. I believe he has talent and a nack for the feel of the guitar. I count him as one of my influences.

He's done better before, check him out in the studio here
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
to Sg Rocker there are alot of bands that are better than them i agree

But name one Mainstream band that has come out in the past 5 years tat puts on a better show then them i think they put on a good show
well i hate there music and that gay black nail polish but i'll give props where props are due.

his timing was a little sloppy but he does have some nice licks down. some of his runs were very good while others bordered on sounding like a 5 year old playing. for the most part it was good..i expected worse.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I really didnt like how he let the notes ring together in the first section, but the next section was much better. The tapping was ok until the end where it got mega sloppy. The trem picking section was pretty good, went sloppy once or twice but was still ok. He was obviously pretty drunk when he played that, I've seen him play much better in person, without the sloppiness lol. Anyone could take a guitarist's worst performance, put it on youtube then make a big deal out of it to make him seem **** but one performance doesnt really display him entirely
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
I think most of it was sloppy. He is overrated but what do you expect when a guitarist is in a mainstream band?
Quote by YYZ
Ashley Simpson makes more than any of us ever will, is she good? Your theory is utterly ridiculous.

And to the other guy who asked who can put on a better show, wow.........I could name hundreds of bands that could. I'm not going to though.

It's rediculous that you would even compare Ashley Simpson to a heavey metal guitarist. Where's the logic in that, slick?

I want to hear one of your live performances.... post a link please, big guy.
Quote by Chazzy29
It's rediculous that you would even compare Ashley Simpson to a heavey metal guitarist. Where's the logic in that, slick?

He was proving a point. You can't base your level of skill on the money you make, hence the comparison to (talentless) Ashlee Simpson. Actually, its quite logical.
No offense man, but I suck at soloing, and thats why i play rythm, but i could even play that.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION