How do you do those Satch Dives? You know the type when he pic a string with his picking hand (I think he's doing a pintched harmonic but I'm not sure) and he dives the whammy bar with fretting hand... I'm confuddled, I've tried everything I can think of to pull em off but can't do it. Anyone know?
Dave Tither
good thing I put this video on my favourites, Dimebag will show you how it's done.

click
I think hes touching the string to the pickups, then divebombs.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
does anyone know the exact model guitar dimebag's using in that video, i saw itz a washburn but what model, and possibly what amp? thx
its a dean isn't it
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by YYZ
good thing I put this video on my favourites, Dimebag will show you how it's done.

click

awwww, my ears
Quote by kanguuu
its a dean isn't it

Nope, that was a Washburn.
Quote by Gman400
my instrincts tell me big boobs=more estrogen=more bitc* or big boobs=more silicone=less woman=more slut=great sex=genital warts

It's MySpace
randal warhead and a dean or washburn guitar
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
For Satriani style harmonics and dive, he basically just do a pinch harmonics on the 29th, 31st, or 36th fret on the last 2 strings, the B and high e. Im not too sure but somewhere around there. You dont have to fret a note, your left hand should be at the bottom of your guitar's cutaway and holding the whammy bar.

He did and up-pull 1st then a drastic down-pull continued with a finishing up-pull. Thus producing the screaming and wailing. To properly do this you need a good output pickups such as the Mo' Joe, PAF Joe, EVOs and so on.

Go to this website and open the MUSIC tab. DL "The Crush Of Love" and just see how he attempts it. Might not be as good as satch but he's getting it.

http://www.marcdeloose.be/fr_index.html
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
In an interview, Satch said that to execute his signature divebombs, he picks a pinch harmonic on the open G string and uses his fretting hand to dive the bar. He dives it fast enough that when he brings it back up to normal, it sounds higher than when it started.