with practice not that long
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
once you get used to it about 15 minutes the first time i did it it took an hour
first time took like an hour for one string
then with practice down to like 10 min a string
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Takes me about 40 minutes (on average) to string and tune and stretch.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
It takes me 15-20 mins to fully restring a Floyd-equipped guitar including stretching of the strings. It's not particularly difficult when you know the technique, but it's time consuming and always a pain in the ass. Once it's set though, it's the shiznit.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
if you know how to work a floyd with your eyes closed you probably could get it down to a 15 minutes and thats floating
Dont listen to all these guys above, they're posers, They dunno ****. Basically it'll just take a second or so to reset it. There's a reset button at the back of the floyd rose, push it... JK

Stringing and all, reseting and whatnot, roughly 15-20mins for advanced user and probably around 40mins or so for nubs. It took me about 20 mins the 1st time i strung it coz i've already know how to properly set it up. I suggest you really read thru all lessons, posts or anything that have to do with floyd rose if you got any free time to kill. You can still learn by trial and error for the 1st time but you may also get a breakdown and kick ur guitar, i know some did it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Lol, we're not in a stringing competition that determines how fast we string do we??? you gotta do it correctly and accurately, also properly. Take ur time and relax, there's no bomb ticking are there?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I take my time and it takes 15-20 mins. That includes checking / setting the truss rod, action, and intonation too. While I have the stirngs off, I also clean the bridge and the fretboard too. If I was to rush it, I could do it in about 10 mins. But I see no need in rushing it unless there's a reason to rush it. I take my time and do it right.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by madpickin03
Lol, we're not in a stringing competition that determines how fast we string do we??? you gotta do it correctly and accurately, also properly. Take ur time and relax, there's no bomb ticking are there?

yeh cmon pretends its mission impossible gotta restring a floyd rose guitar under 10 mins or else it blows up
*dum dum dum dum du du dudumm* (MI theme) ....
Thats what she said...
UGmusic