I just got a guitar part for jazz band at my school, but i cant read it. I play trumpet in jazz band already and i can read that fine, but im not that great at readng guitar music. I dont know the chords at all either. Its stuff like G7 and A flat 6

I can play a G and an Aflat but i dont know what all the sixths and augumented stuff means. Is there a website i can go to that you guys know of, or even i book you would recommend? any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Well if your really stuck you can play just G and Aflat but when it says like G7 it means play your G chord and add in the 7th in this case it would be an F and with aflat 6 just add the 6th
Quote by Encore_God
The School of Blues is the same place as the University of Life, friend.

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Stratocaster
Crate GTX212
what does add the sixth mean?
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Technically you add a minor 7th for a G7. For Gmaj7 you add a major seventh.

Quote by Milligram Smile
Well if your really stuck you can play just G and Aflat but when it says like G7 it means play your G chord and add in the 7th in this case it would be an F and with aflat 6 just add the 6th
"Too few exercise the greatest freedom they have - the freedom of thought. Perhaps they demand freedom of speech as compensation." - Soren Kirkegard
Quote by Milligram Smile

Add the sixth means to take the sixth (minor or major-I'm not sure) of that scale which in this case, would be A...major?

-DS