Could you guys reccomend me a shred/metal guitar(s) to try out? 2000 USD and below please.

Thanks in advanced
^ Seconded, Also check out Jackson, ESP, and LTD.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
2000 dollars, holy crap!

Jackson USA select (WR1 is my favorite)... I think they are around 2000

I don't know your amp situation, but you can get an insanely nice ESP LTD 1000 series and still have around 1000 left over for a nice amp.
Schecter are also worth checking out. For two grand you have a pretty wide range of choices, no matter who you go with.
I hope you are keeping in mind that a "shred" guitar wont make you a better player...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Tell ya what bro, this is what I'd get if I had $2000 bucks to spend. I'd bet myself a Ibanez RG321MH put some (EMG's/Duncans/Swinehead/Bareknuckels/Dimarizos which you perfer) and a Peavey 5150 II Head and 4x12 Marshall cab halfstack.

But ya know thats just me.

Trust me the amp is a MUCH better investment than a guitar, personally $1000 would be all I would EVER spend on any guitar and even that is pushing it big-time!
Last edited by Diminished29 at May 15, 2006,
Quote by ShredtoBed
I hope you are keeping in mind that a "shred" guitar wont make you a better player...

that doesn't mean he can't spoil himself. Definitly check out Caparison, the necks are perfect, plus 27 frets is nice too.

http://www.guitarasylum.com/home.htm
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-top.html
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Teleprompters
Ibanez JEM7V all the way ($2100), and why would he get a 321?he could get WAY better, at least get a RG1570

Why? I'll tell you why!

There is absoutely NOTHING wrong with Ibanez RG321MHs, there is practically nothing in that price range thats even half as good, besides its MUCH better to put your money in a amp anyways.

Besides, $2000 is just an absurd amount of money to spend on a guitar unless your touring and playing gigs. I mean like I said if I'm gonna "waste" money I'm gonna "waste" it on a badass amp.
I hope you never have $2000.....

Shred metal? RG prestige, but with neck through body, and maybe an xxx.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by Diminished29
Tell ya what bro, this is what I'd get if I had $2000 bucks to spend. I'd bet myself a Ibanez RG321MH put some (EMG's/Duncans/Swinehead/Bareknuckels/Dimarizos which you perfer) and a Peavey 5150 II Head and 4x12 Marshall cab halfstack.

But ya know thats just me.

Trust me the amp is a MUCH better investment than a guitar, personally $1000 would be all I would EVER spend on any guitar and even that is pushing it big-time!

seconded and thirdeded...or something.
and if you wanted, you could install a trem.
Quote by Cone 21
that doesn't mean he can't spoil himself. Definitly check out Caparison, the necks are perfect, plus 27 frets is nice too.

http://www.guitarasylum.com/home.htm
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-top.html

I would not recomend that, i owned a caparison not long ago and i was extremely disapointed, especially with what i paid for it

ESP M-1000FM
ESP Viper 400
Peavey 5150II half stack
Korg DTR-1000 rack tuner
Furman power conditioner
Quote by casgbhx120
I would not recomend that, i owned a caparison not long ago and i was extremely disapointed, especially with what i paid for it

and which was this?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
A Jackson Soloist

[EDIT] Or with that kind of money you can order a custom guitar set with all your specific likings
He already has a badass fender amp and distortion ready to go.

I'd reccomend a Jackson USA Dinky or Soloist. I have a cheaper Jackson and I couldn't be any happier with it.

How much do the Zakk Wylde Gibsons Run???
^Too much, and I'd hardly call metalzone badass....
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I meant the amp was badass, the distortion is good though...

anyway, seriously go to a guitar store and play some american jacksons, they are awesome!
A Jackson is the best shred guitar i got a sl1 soloist used for 1000 but that was luckey new ones are about 1800
but are you looking for an instrumental solo guitar? parker will kill them all for a solo guitar.
I'd say a Dean. Musicians Friend sells Dean From Hell for only 999.99. Any Dime guitar will work. RIP Dime
Jackson SL1 or SLH2.
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Teleprompters
Ibanez JEM7V all the way ($2100), and why would he get a 321?he could get WAY better, at least get a RG1570

X2
Quote by Which_Guitar
i've started to learn the HALO theme song (the hard one) to kill time!

Quote by timsafatass
Dude, you cant play it because your right handed, you can only play it on a left handed guitar