i have a vox ad30 and it doesnt have great distortion and i want to get a distortion pedal but im not sure what to get.. i dont have much money so it needs to be pretty cheep. thanks in advance
yo
Off the top of my head, I would say Behringer pedals, they have Boss knockoffs for about $30...just found out about them so I'm not sure about their quality
I have a DigiTech DF-7 (distortion Factory), and it has some pretty good distorion going through it. It cost me $100 from a friend. It's not too expensive.
Quote by NAME GOES HERE

Did you see what I did there? I made fun of his mom!
^ not too expensive, pff

40 bucks, boss DS1.

it takes it from a ho-hum distortion to a pretty good one with very little manipulation, less than coaxing your amp to distort perfectly.
danelectro fab overdrive, its 15 and i use with my ad30 as a boost and it gets HEAVY.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
dO YOU PLAY METAL ?? BOSS MEga DistorTION

You dont ?? BoSS DS-1
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by boardsofcanada
^ not too expensive, pff

40 bucks, boss DS1.

it takes it from a ho-hum distortion to a pretty good one with very little manipulation, less than coaxing your amp to distort perfectly.

dude the DS1 isnt a distortion pedal, its an overdrive pedal. All it does is boost your guitar for leads
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
Quote by fa'q
dude the DS1 isnt a distortion pedal, its an overdrive pedal. All it does is boost your guitar for leads

SD1 is overdrive.

DS1 is distortion.

and if you want something thats pretty good quality, not excessively distort-y but still has balls to spare when you want them, i would say the DS1 fits that.
I have a Digitech "Screamin' Blues" pedal and it's quite splendid. The Boss DS-1 can offer many good tones. And the Boss BD-2 is amazing for distorted blues, like Stevie Ray Vaughn.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by boardsofcanada
SD1 is overdrive.

DS1 is distortion.

and if you want something thats pretty good quality, not excessively distort-y but still has balls to spare when you want them, i would say the DS1 fits that.

uhm no, the DS1 is an overdrive pedal, even joe satriani use it for boost. you wont get that metal tone from a DS1 because its specifically just to boost your leads.

Distortion Pedals are MT2, Line6 Uber Metal and DF7
Overdrive pedals are DS1, BD2 and TS Tubescreamer
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
Quote by fa'q

you are now officially the most retarded user ive seen. Dont argue back with people when youre wrong man...its not cool.

Quote by fa'q
uhm no, the DS1 is an overdrive pedal, even joe satriani use it for boost. you wont get that metal tone from a DS1 because its specifically just to boost your leads.

Distortion Pedals are MT2, Line6 Uber Metal and DF7
Overdrive pedals are DS1, BD2 and TS Tubescreamer

i rest my case.