i hope this goes here?

ok well my band consists of me (guitarist), a drummer and a bass player,(we are looking for another guitarist but that really isnt the point of this thread)
annd there are absolutly no vocalists that we would want in our band around here. so i figure, well im 14 ive got time to learn. but i dont want to pay for vocal lessons because well #1 id rahter spend it on guitar gear an #2 we are more about the music, the jsut need to sound good. i dont care if noone listens to us and says "wow that guy is one of the best singers i have ever heard"
but yeah i dont know how to go about teaching myself to sing, could you guys help me out here? ......our band plays like aerosmith, tom petty, lynyrd skynyrd and stuff like that if that matters
Myspace

::type

Originally Posted by cool#9
i've got better things to do then waste my life jacking off

Originally Posted by Muffin Man
liar
i actually just meant to put his in musician talk but w/e.....
Myspace

liar
Sing along with CDs, when you play your scales/modes try to sing the notes, if you have a music teacher/band teacher ask her/him for tips/exercises/etc.

On a side note, glad I do back-up for a metal band, just yelling random things.
If you're "more about the music," then you may as well pass on the singing. If you just throw together lyrics and sing for the heck of it, people will criticize your bad lyrics and poor singing. If you want them to focus on the music, just play music.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
well i do want the vocals to sound good.....they ARE part of the music, when i said more about the music i meant the instruments but the singing does need to be good, heres what i mean. think of someone like george thorogood.
would anyone credit him as one of the best vocalist of all time? NO
but can he deffinatley sing? YES

^^and thank you, ive been doing the sing along with CD's thing and i can tell its been helping but i havent tried the scales thing, thank you.
Myspace

liar
Last edited by GlabrioBelienus at May 15, 2006,