Page 1 of 93
Lukeisonfire
offical Mod rock KING
3,072 IQ
I love this band. Josh is an amazing guitarist! They stand out alot more then other bands and cmon, little sister and all of songs for the deaf are unparrale!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Last edited by Lukeisonfire at May 15, 2006,
huge-o
226 IQ
yea they r one of my favourite bands, but their newest album, lullabies to paralyze, was so garbage compared to the rest. and yea josh is a pretty carzy guitarist, his no stariani or zakk wylde but his style is uncomparable
tossom
UG's resident alcoholic
32 IQ
And to think all his best work was done when he was in Kyuss too...
TheWretched
Hooker With A Pen!s
32 IQ
QOTSA are awesome! I do also like their older stuff better though. I have to be in the mood to listen to Lullabies in it's entirety...I tend to skip through some songs. One of my favorites is probably Burn the Witch...the video is neat too! Anyway, awesome live show! I saw them last year when they opened for NIN and as desperate as I was for the main band to come on, I did not want QOTSA to finish. Homme did the ending to 'No One Knows' acapella and wow! Heh. Great band.
Lukeisonfire
offical Mod rock KING
3,072 IQ
^ Wow you do have a broad taste in music the wretched! I thought i was the only QOTSA- Tool hybrid here. Lol :P
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
^ Amen

The songs for the dead tour line-up was THE coolest band ever.

Lanegan, Homme, Olivieri, Grohl and Van Leeuwen = pwnage.

So who's everybody's favourite QOTSA vocalist?

Mine's Lanegan
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
They're a pretty good band, but only have a couple of stand-out songs to me. They are Go with the Flow, No One Knows, and Everybody's Gonna Be Happy (And that's only because the Kinks did it first, and they're great.) EDIT: And now Song for the Dead.
I like the other songs too, but they just don't have that 'wow' factor.
So I guess my favourite album from what I've heard has to be Songs for the Deaf, since it has all those songs on it. The other albums I've heard are Queens Of The Stone Age, and Rated R.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
Last edited by Tenacious_dex at May 17, 2006,
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Dex you blasphemist

Song for the Dead is easily their best song, add it to your list.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
Quote by frenchyfungus
Dex you blasphemist

Song for the Dead is easily their best song, add it to your list.

I'm sorry for disappointing you. I'll listen to it now. If I like it, I'll add it.

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
You probably won't, Lanegan's voice will probably put you off.

But you gotta love the drums.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
Quote by frenchyfungus
You probably won't, Lanegan's voice will probably put you off.

But you gotta love the drums.

Well actually I thought it was a good song. And so now, I'm going to add it to my list.
Are there any other songs I've overlooked aswell, or any from other albums that I might like?

Ecky thump!
cadmium_blimp
21 IQ
Queens of the Stone Age remind me of a more modern, more deranged Cream/Led Zepplin. This is a good thing.
LedZep_freak20
UG Fanatic
186 IQ
QOTSA = t3h sexxorz

SFTD is easily their best album, LTP is pretty good, and Rated R just isn't too good in my opinion.

I thought Josh Homme sang all their songs? Who's this Lanegan fellow?

Sorry for being uninformed
Quote by adhuv

i want to pull her

then ram it down her throat til she goes blue

well i would if it was big enough
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Dex:
Regular John (from ST, but live version is better)
Feel Good Hit of the Summer and Auto Pilot from R
Little Sister from Lullabies...

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
Who is singing on song for the dead?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Rhinosaur Bones
89 IQ
Quote by LedZep_freak20
I thought Josh Homme sang all their songs? Who's this Lanegan fellow?

Sorry for being uninformed

Quote by fronkpies
Who is singing on song for the dead?

Mark Lanegan. He makes guest appearances with Queens of the Stone Age sometimes. I don't remember every song he's sung with them, but there's Song for the Dead, Hanging Tree and God Is in the Radio. He also helped write No One Knows, I believe. He was originally in Screaming Trees. You can usually pick his voice, it's sort of hollow and deep sounding.

Edit: Forgot to mention, he also has a fair few solo albums.
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
He also sang on:

Auto Pilot
This Lullaby
Song for the Deaf
Burn the witch (backing vocals, but you can hear him clearly)
Another song from R I think

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
saw them at Oxegen last year, very cool band. i love Songs for the Deaf.
i still think Kyuss were a much better band, they just never put an album together that could hold my attention for as long as Songs for the Deaf.
actually, i'm gonna go listen to Blues for the Red Sun now
Wilber
Broken Boy Soldier
489 IQ
Songs for the Deaf is one of my favorite albums, i was kinda dissapointed with Lullabies to Paralyze, but it's still ok. QOTSA get a 9 on my richter scale!!
Quote by darkstar2466
Who is responsible for bring back a thread from Two Thousand motherfucking Six?

*holds a paddle in hand, ready for whacking*
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
Quote by frenchyfungus
Dex:

Thanks for them. I've just given them all a listen, and here's my verdict:
Regular John - It's an alright song, but I don't find it uber-good. I can't manage to get the live version though.
Feel Good Hit of the Summer- An excellent song! I remember hearing it a while ago, but now I've just lisened to it again, and I love it.
Little Sister- It's a pretty good song, probably one of my favourites now.
Auto Pilot- Another good song. I like it very much.

I think I'm starting to like QOTSA more now. And it's all thanks to you frenchy. And for that, I thank you.

Ecky thump!
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
Auto Pilot is such a great song to just chill too.
Mark Lanegans voice is so soothing. It's also a good contrast to Josh's.
Hendrix=God
Rammed
67 IQ
Quote by frenchyfungus
Dex:

Yeah Regular John live rocks. I've got 1 at Washington and from their recent live album.

SFTD is the best of the 4 studio, then LTP, then Rated R with their self titled after.

They are one of my favourite bands, and I never get tired of listenin to them.

PS: The Blood Is Love rocks!
Hendrix=God
Rammed
67 IQ
Quote by Tenacious_dex
Thanks for them. I've just given them all a listen, and here's my verdict:
Regular John - It's an alright song, but I don't find it uber-good. I can't manage to get the live version though.
Feel Good Hit of the Summer- An excellent song! I remember hearing it a while ago, but now I've just lisened to it again, and I love it.
Little Sister- It's a pretty good song, probably one of my favourites now.
Auto Pilot- Another good song. I like it very much.

I think I'm starting to like QOTSA more now. And it's all thanks to you frenchy. And for that, I thank you.

Try listening to Blood Is Love and Lost Art of Keeping a secret too!
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
This thread needed some serious bumping!!

Ahh I was just listening to QOTSA then and remembered how much I love them...
Is there any speculation on a new album perhaps? I know Eagles of Death Metal released their album only 2 months ago but it's been awhile since the last QOTSA one.

They seem to be touring a lot too this year; festivals and such, despite releasing Lullabies to Paralyze quite a long time ago. Me hopes to hear more from them soon.
Rhinosaur Bones
89 IQ
This did indeed need a bump. I'm hoping that they'll play here again sometime, for some reason. They were so great live...
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
This did indeed need a bump. I'm hoping that they'll play here again sometime, for some reason. They were so great live...

Alas, I've yet to see them live.

Better bands never seems to want to come to Adelaide, but heh I can see why. Next time they come I'll just go to Melbourne, it's not that far. Let's just hope for Big Day Out 2007, it'd make my year (especially if Oliveri was there on bass) .
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
Oh gosh, I love Thebby! I was too young back then though.

How was it? I bet it was the greatest concert ever hey?
Rhinosaur Bones
89 IQ
Too young? You're a year older than me! But yeah, it was an awesome concert. They were just so tight, it was seriously cool. They have a great attitude towards gigging. As much as they seem like a bunch of alcholic miscreants, they are still in fine form on stage. Josh said towards the end of the night something like "This is a completely different kind of gig for me. Usually I have Nick's wang right in my face, but tonight he's wearing clothes. Also, Troy is absolutely drunk." *Troy Van Leeuwen gives an embarassed wave to the audience* So yeah, that was the start of my slow descent into permanent hearing loss. That's one thing to keep in mind if they're here in future...they're goddamn loud live. Excellent mixing, but extremely loud. Towards the end, everything started to sound like chip monks to me.
fusugar
Banned
20 IQ
Quote by huge-o
yea they r one of my favourite bands, but their newest album, lullabies to paralyze, was so garbage compared to the rest. and yea josh is a pretty carzy guitarist, his no stariani or zakk wylde but his style is uncomparable

why does everyone keep saying that? i think its their second best album yet (r being first) songs for the deaf was the one that bored me. someones in the wolf ****ing rocks
fusugar
Banned
20 IQ
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ Wow you do have a broad taste in music the wretched! I thought i was the only QOTSA- Tool hybrid here. Lol :P

im a qotsa-tool hybrid! i think it makes sense we all just like bands that are good
fusugar
Banned
20 IQ
Quote by Alucard II
saw them at Oxegen last year, very cool band. i love Songs for the Deaf.
i still think Kyuss were a much better band, they just never put an album together that could hold my attention for as long as Songs for the Deaf.
actually, i'm gonna go listen to Blues for the Red Sun now

oh my god its another one alucard likes tool
Caustic
On holiday by mistake
370 IQ
What is everyones beef with Lullabies? I loved it. I prefer it to Songs for the Deaf, though it's no Rated R.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
I think my problem with Lullabies is that I was really excited to hear it, having heard "Little Sister" aand loving that song SO much.

The rest of the album, save maybe Medication, just pales in comparison.

Also, the lack of Nick and Mark's vocals was a disappointment, as well as Dave's drums.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
stevemorseisgod
14 IQ
songs for the deaf is a top class album by a top class band. It's my favourite by far, with dave grohl providing the awesome drums we would expect. Song for the Dead is the best track i think, altho id like to have had josh homme singing rather than that imposter!
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Quote by stevemorseisgod
that imposter!

You take that back

Seriously, Mark Lanegan, "imposter"?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Rhinosaur Bones
89 IQ
Fusugar, don't double or triple post.

Lullabies to Paralyze was a damn good album. It was a different feel to Songs for the Deaf, but that doesn't mean it wasn't just as good.
Also, Mark Lanegan ****ing owns everybody.
Goon
tele on the belly
380 IQ
Lullabies is great. It's more experimental, that's for sure you just have to listen to it more to really dig it. Mark Lanegan has an incredible voice too, but I still prefer Josh's singing.

and Rhinosaur! I didn't realize you were so young, you seem at least 18 or something.
Rhinosaur Bones
89 IQ
Bah, I wish I was. Then I wouldn't miss out on so many ****ing gigs around here. Goddamn 18+ venues.