Page 2 of 93
Songs for the Deaf is good for rocking, Lullubies to Paralyze is good for chilling, [R] and ST are good any time.

I too am a tool-qotsa hybrid!

Josh Homme is probably my favourite singer, his soft falsetto is so awesome
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Quote by Caustic
What is everyones beef with Lullabies? I loved it. I prefer it to Songs for the Deaf, though it's no Rated R.

i love you
I think LtP was actually a bit more focused without Oliveri. If Queens were to go off and make a concept album Nick just wouldn't work well with it, in my opinion, unless there was a psychotic killer character in it.
Quote by cadmium_blimp
I think LtP was actually a bit more focused without Oliveri. If Queens were to go off and make a concept album Nick just wouldn't work well with it, in my opinion, unless there was a psychotic killer character in it.

I totally agree with this. I love Lullabies but there was obviously something missing from it, that being Nick. I hope he and Josh reunite sometime soon..
Has anybody else heard? Chris Goss is slated to produce the new album and Jesse Keeler may have put down some bass tracks.
Quote by Goon
I totally agree with this. I love Lullabies but there was obviously something missing from it, that being Nick. I hope he and Josh reunite sometime soon..

didnt you hear though? nick was kicked out of the band because josh discovered he had abused his girlfriend
im glad hes gone if thats the case, i dont want to go see bands with people like that in them, unless I had a gun that is
I know it doesnt affect the music but it kind of ruins things.
violence is wrong
Quote by fusugar
...i dont want to go see bands with people like that in them, unless I had a gun that is

violence is wrong

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
But violence against violent people is fine...

Nick Oliveri has always been aggressive on or off stage. The final straw was when he started actually trying to hurt audience members. And then there was also the whole thing with it being rumoured that he beat his girlfriend.
sorry guys i didn't mean mark lanegan coudln't sing- just that josh homme was better and it seems random that he only does one song- that means they cant do it live as often which sucks cos its my favourite qotsa song!
He also sings God Is In The Radio, Another love Song, This Lullaby, Auto Pilot, Hangin Tree and backing vocals on Burn The Witch. He also wrote most (not sure if all) of the songs he sang on Songs... and helped write No One Knows, Medication and Burn The Witch

He toured with them after Songs For The Deaf, but not anymore.

They still play Song For the Dead live, with Josh singing. It's on the DVD

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
But violence against violent people is fine...

exactly
Doesn't Mark occasionally show up at one of their concerts and sing a few songs? He didn't even tour with them after they recorded Rated R?
I think he does, but only occassionally.

I dunno if he toured with them after R, but I highly doubt it, seeing as he only sang one song on R

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
When I saw them on their Songs for the Deaf tour, Mark Lanegan was with them and sang three or four songs. It was awesome. Even though at the time, I didn't really know who Mark Lanegan was...
Just a random question: whats your favorite song my them? Mines at the moment is go with the flow
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Song for the Dead

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Forgive my ignorance, but which QOTSA album does Dave Grohl play on? cuz i have to go out and get that...

yes, I too am a proud QOTSA-TOOL hybrid. we should start a club or take over the world or something...
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
My favourite at the moment is A Song for the Dead but my all time fav is Mexicola.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

I liked all of their CD's up until Lullabies To Paralyze. QOTSA lost something with that album.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
^Yeah their bassist

but seriously besides little sister they lost their touch and fell on that album.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^I think lullabies missed Mark more

And Nick's vox rather than bass

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I really thought that Little Sister was one of the lesser tracks from that album. It was the least interesting one, in my opinion.
I really quite enjoyed Lullabyes I don't see it as a step down from any of the other albums more of a step left or right if you know what I mean. It was sweet but it was different. Little Sister is sick but "everybody knows that you're insane" is the best on that album. imo anyway.

I dunno, I loved Lullibies. Very atmospheric, very spooky. Plus it had I Never Came, which is one of my favourite songs ever.
It definitely has a spooky feel to it. I put it on whenever I need some mood music for a dark-themed book.
Quote by Let it Happen

yes, I too am a proud QOTSA-TOOL hybrid. we should start a club or take over the world or something...

indeed we should
Yea they're one of my fav bands. Lulabies was good. I liked SFTD better near the end of Lulabies it gets kinda boring. I agree with who ever said earlier that they are a little bit deranged version of Cream. I haven't picked up R yet and I can't find their s/t album anywhere.
I can't find the self-titled one either. So far I have had two opportunities to buy it but, foolish me, I passed them up. I have all of their albums except for the self-titled and live one. Anybody else think it would be neat if QotSA put out a tribute album featuring songs by Cream, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, and other bands from that era?
I am going to start getting into them, any reccommedations for albums i should try to get?
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
All of them. I guess "Songs for the Deaf" or "Lullabies to Paralyze" would be good ones to start with. "Rated R" might be good also. It really doesn't matter, they all have a different sound to them. LtP is dark and mysterious. SftD is the hard rock you listen when you are out west where the roads are as straight as possible and you can't remember the speed limit. R is just...weird.
I haven't got their self-titled one, because asshole music shops jack the price of it right up, since I guess it's something of a rarity. Still, it's not worth $30.
i paid 30 for songs for the deaf last year, went back into the same music store 2 days later and they had it for 10 dollars

needless to say, i was pissed
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!
Christ I hate stuff like that. Or when you see a cheap cd from a band you don't really know, then later on you hear some of their stuff and wish you had bought the cd when it was cheap.
I always assumed Lanegan did parts of Millionaire, with Homme doing the lines with more voice and Lanegan doing the screaming, because theres a different tone.

On re-listening, I admit that I am wrong.
My Rig

2004 Fender '72 Custom Telecaster reissue
2006 Cole Clark Fat Lady 1 Acoustic

ProCo RAT
Boss DD-3

Peavey Classic 30
the last album sucked hard. loved songs for the deaf loads. bassist rocked. and dave grohl rained supreme
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

Quote by absinthe5765
Someone woke up on the wrong side of his mother this morning.