Page 4 of 93
Queens rock ive listend to them for quite some time now and im still not dissapointed
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are Choosing to be here, right now. Hold on, stay inside..."
TOOL Parabola
I'm gettin' self-titled guys! But who would have guessed that the only place I could find it for a semi-reasonable price brand new would be Sears?
I just discovered something pretty sweet.

On the Over the years... DVD, go Bonus>Auidio Options>French Subtitles> ON

Then watch the bonus clips.

Voila, secret commentary by the band!

I found that out cos I wanted to find know how to say "Fuck it Cocksmoker" in French.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Man, watching the video to Feel Good Hit For the Summer on the bonus disc I got with my Rated R CD is ****in' trippy.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Hmmm....Queens of the Stone Age.....

Love self title album. Love Rated R. Songs for the Deaf has some killer songs but toward the middle gets REALLY weak and then finishs strongly with Song for the Deaf(i think) and Mosquito Song. Lullabies.......don't really care for it at all. Plus, I hate "Long Slow Goodbye" and I read something where Josh Homme was quoted as saying it was his favorite of all his music. NOO!!!! WHY?!?!?!? They're gonna pull an Incubus!! Jk, I hope not.

Now Kyuss........ One of my top 3 bands ever. Love them. For those interested in Kyuss but have only listened to QOTSA. I would recommend listening to "I Think I Lost My Headache" from Rated R and "You Can't Quit Me Baby" Those, two songs remind me the most of Kyuss on any QOTSA album and are thus my favorite QOTSA songs Now, thats not to say that they are really Kyuss songs cause they are different.

Of the Kyuss albums, I would probably recommend Blues for the Red Sun as the first album cause its the most straight forward in my opinion. However, I like both Sky Valley and When the Circus leaves Town better. With Kyuss, I would be prepared to hate the singer at first(I couldnt listen to them for months before something just clicked). You will then later realize that you can't imagine Kyuss with any other singer.
finally a QOTSA thread. i havent seen one and i wasnt sure if there even was one, but yeh , They rock
Sky Valley is an awesome album. As in, you can actually feel the desert pouring out of your speakers when you spin the CD.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Sky Valley is an awesome album. As in, you can actually feel the desert pouring out of your speakers when you spin the CD.

Totally, not to get off topic, but thats totally right. You can so feel the desert when you listen to those albums. They used to go out in the desert with huge generators(see the song "Mondo Generator") and play shows out in the middle of nowhere. Would kill to see one of those.
Oh yeah. Those desert generator parties must have been epic. Masses of drugs, masses of riffage. Sounds like my kinda thing.

Speaking of mondo generators... what does everyone think of Mondo Generator (Nicks project)?
They have a couple songs that I think are ****ing AMAZING, but apart from those 4 or 5 songs, I think they're ok.

NOTE: This is only in relation to the album 'Songs For The Deaf'
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
I remember when i first heard songs for the deaf and I agreed with you, but "Songs for the Deaf" grows on you and I now rate it as one of my favourite albums of all time.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
yeah songs for the deaf does get a tad weak near the middle but its still a killer album. bloody love it.
I still prefer Lullabies, however much that gets me lynched by the Olivieri fans
^And the Lanegan fans

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
He was on a solo tour during recording so it's not like he was fired. And he still sings on some tracks, so quit yer' whinin'!
Last edited by Caustic at Aug 24, 2006,
Yeah, I know.

But not enough

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Nearly a quarter of the album will do, considering he's not an official full time member!

I've really been digging their self-titled. Track one is a beauty.
Quote by Caustic
Speaking of mondo generators... what does everyone think of Mondo Generator (Nicks project)?

I have A Drug Problem That Never Existed, and it's pretty damn cool. I can't listen to it as much as Kyuss or QotSA, but it's still good if you like punk.
Im just wondering but does anyone know what Distortion pedal is used on bass in Litte sister?
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
QOTSA is easily my favorite band of all time.

I am surprised that so many people posted here but not one mentioned the split EP they did with Beaver. The song "The Bronze" off it is probably one of my favorite QOTSA songs and my favorite Homme guitar solo (which was also the first guitar solo I ever learned how to play in its entirity.)

Listen to it here: http://media.putfile.com/The-Bronze

Mondo Generator is also pretty cool. I especially like the song "Four Corners" featuring Lanegan. I plan to get their new CD when it hits US shelves.

And if you're a big Lanegan fan, check out Screaming Trees on youtube or something. In my opinion that was his best pre-qotsa stuff. Plus, I found their CD at best buy for 10 dollars .
Last edited by SkyValley at Sep 15, 2006,
Quote by SkyValley
QOTSA is easily my favorite band of all time.

I am surprised that so many people posted here but not one mentioned the split EP they did with Beaver. The song "The Bronze" off it is probably one of my favorite QOTSA songs and my favorite Homme guitar solo (which was also the first guitar solo I ever learned how to play in its entirity.)

Listen to it here: http://media.putfile.com/The-Bronze

Mondo Generator is also pretty cool. I especially like the song "Four Corners" featuring Lanegan. I plan to get their new CD when it hits US shelves.

And if you're a big Lanegan fan, check out Screaming Trees on youtube or something. In my opinion that was his best pre-qotsa stuff. Plus, I found their CD at best buy for 10 dollars .

the bronze is an awesome song

also ive been looking for some mondo generator

also ive heard that the screaming trees arent very good
The QOTSA/Beaver split is ****ing hard to come by, that's why nobody's mentioned it.

Mondo Generator are cool, I've been looking for their first album Cocaine Rodeo, but I think it's near impossible to get hold of. And whoever said Screaming Trees aren't very good is a liar.
The Screaming Trees are very different sounding. Think Incubus without the synth and with Lanegan and you've got a decent idea.

As for Mondo, I've also been looking for Cocaine Rodeo but I cant find it in stores or even on the 'net. I believe I found one torrent for it but it doesn't work . Keep an eye out for Dead Planet, though. It should be out soon.
<3 Screaming Trees.

They sound like whisky sometimes (yes, the drink), and the voice.....

*creams*

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Songs for the deaf is awesome, I dont have any of there other stuff yet but I plan on it. Great band with a uniques sound hovering between modern rock and at times death metal. Oh and theyve got great riffs and drums (as youd expect from Dave).
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by SkyValley
The Screaming Trees are very different sounding. Think Incubus without the synth and with Lanegan and you've got a decent idea.

Hmm...I don't know so much about that...
Other than they are working on it.. no.

I know Josh said he is keeping the line up a secret.

I hope it is not changed too much. I love the Lullabyes line up.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
No doubt about the talent of Josh Homme, I lvoe his voice as I like his guitar playing.
...And The Nominees Are
What songs would you guys recommend me to get of QOTSA? From what I've heard of them I like, which is the songs "Leg of Lamb", "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" and "No One Knows".
those are nice songs to start with, well, they kinda evolved over the years if you listen carfulyy.

I would suggest the "Lullebies To Paralyze" album, because it's kinda more catchy, if your already into the stoner stuff, try their first srlf titled album.
...And The Nominees Are
Go out and buy Songs For The Deaf just because it's such a well written and balanced album, can't think of anyone who doesn't love it.

Their self-titled album is more experimental/kyuss/robot rock sounding, definately check out 'You can't quit me baby', 'How to handle a rope' and 'Mexicola' though.

Anyone listened to Strings For The Deaf by The String Quartet? Fecking brilliant tribute to my favourite rock band if not a little unusual- amazing covers though!
Qotsa are the best band in the world, i totally love their music. Josh is one amazing guitar player and an awesome singer. There ain't talent like that any where else, this band rules. I have all Qotsa's albums, and i'm also a massive fan of Kyuss, Eagles of Death Metal and Screaming Trees...
it would be great to see Nick in Qotsa again.....but we know he'll probly never come back
You would know, oh.....but you would know..
^I highly doubt Josh'll ever want him back, given the reason for firing him.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Ehh, The Lullabies live lineup was too good, as much as I like Nick, that lineup is the best QoTSA has ever had. Even if Nick could return, I'd hope he wouldn't. Their sound has evolved.