Page 5 of 93
It'd be sweet if Dave Grohl came back as a drummer and Kris Novoselich filled in as bassist on the next album... It'd be like a more stable Nirvana...
^^ That's really not gonna happen.

Isn't the bass player from Death From Above playing with them? At least for a track or two. I think apart from that Josh is keeping the line up secret.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
accually i agree is kris and Dave get toghether and make an album it'd be a platnium record. But it might be nice to have a kurt cobain Replacment. cuz everyone knows Dave grohl would be no where without cobain. But MAN is grohl good.
Soon.... I Will be The Next Hendrix!!
The Jesus Of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartbreaker to join!
great band. i don't claim to be a big fan, i don't listen to them that much, but i like what i hear. What is making that awesome lead sound in Go With the Flow??
Brenden McNichol played the lap steel on Go With The Flow, Troy didn't actually play on SFTD, he joined afterwards.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Is it a lap steel? It doesn't really sound 'smooth' enough at some parts, if you get me. Whatever it was, it wasn't played by Troy on the record, as Frenchy so rightly averred.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
wow, that makes much more sense than what I used...

I would like to elarn how to play 'I Was A Teenage Handmodel', but I'ts too psychadelic..
...And The Nominees Are
^lol, i woke up to the ending of that this morning, creeped me out so much, thought my laptop was going in to meltdown

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by israels_son
I really quite enjoyed Lullabyes I don't see it as a step down from any of the other albums more of a step left or right if you know what I mean. It was sweet but it was different. Little Sister is sick but "everybody knows that you're insane" is the best on that album. imo anyway.

yes! someone else agrees with me . i think rated r is their best though
also, mark also sings on "in the fade"-oops, already beaten to it
my favorite songs at the moment would be song for the deaf and now bronze thanks to skyvalley

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Last edited by GnikNus at Mar 15, 2007,
^ Why rated r? Its too normal for me but songs for the deaf is just a kick ass album that cant be beat
Hangin tree
Song for the dead *most underrated qotsa song!*
song for the deaf
no one knows *good overplayed though song*
go with the flow
millionaire
ALL OWN!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Agreed. Much as I love the pure raw rockness of s/t and R, SFTD just owns too much ass. Easily the most varied yet fluid album I can think of. The 3 vocalists all suit their songs perfectly, and Grohl and Homme just pound the shit out of your ears, in a good way

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Agreed. Much as I love the pure raw rockness of s/t and R, SFTD just owns too much ass. Easily the most varied yet fluid album I can think of. The 3 vocalists all suit their songs perfectly, and Grohl and Homme just pound the shit out of your ears, in a good way

totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grohl and Homme just make the song song for the dead some of the best drums and guitar ever!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I've decided to give these guys a try. Over the years, i did not mind them, i was neutral about them. As i was getting a CD one day, i saw 'Lullabies to Paralyze' and i was like "Meh! Why not? Might as well give it a try". Bought it and liked it.

These guys are good.
i dont know how i feel about these guys. i like some of their songs, but i cant really get into them much more than that.
When does the new album come out?

Anyone heard the track on that mastodon album? where Josh Homme reads a letter he wrote to them? it was so damn funny...
...And The Nominees Are
Quote by FrenchyFungus
^lol, i woke up to the ending of that this morning, creeped me out so much, thought my laptop was going in to meltdown

Nothing like a good mindfuck to get you out of bed in the morning.

Quote by jagstang270
When does the new album come out?

Sometime in June, but that's tentative.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ Why rated r? Its too normal for me but songs for the deaf is just a kick ass album that cant be beat
Hangin tree
Song for the dead *most underrated qotsa song!*
song for the deaf
no one knows *good overplayed though song*
go with the flow
millionaire
ALL OWN!

true true, those 2 keep switching off between those too as my favorite. i can't help but love in the fade, leg of lamb, autopilot, i think i've lost my headache, and that opening riff of better living thru chemistry. also sftd was the first queens album i got so i kinda abused it with over listening. either way they're both amazing albums, i'm hoping the new one will pwn the socks off of both of them though

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Last edited by GnikNus at Apr 7, 2007,
Troy Van Leeuwen pwns..muahaaha!
Queens of the Stone Age is definitely one of the good rock bands thats left in the music world nowadays..I mean,they're purely music without much gimmicks at all..they look normal with no special stage props and stuff...yet they're just great...really brilliant band
Finally, I will get to see QOTSA at the Oxegen festival this year and I am looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be a good show and I think they will headline the 2nd or 3rd stage so all I am going to miss is Snow Patrol (boring) and Muse (already seen).
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
'^ muse is awsome live HEY! Anyways, you cant call yourself a true QOTSA fan if you didnt pick up mastodon's blood mountian with him on vocals on colony of birchmen. OMG, he is outstanding on that song. That song owns alot of queens songs sorry folks
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ I dont care what you say, I still will like you and you are the shit

anyways, no love for colony of birchmen? Too metal for you? Some parts of that song are so beautiful!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by catchtherainbow

Yep. Pretty underrated musician, and a snappy dresser.

Does anyone know if any of his other bands (besides A Perfect Circle) are any good, or at least worth checking out?
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by catchtherainbow

..I agree....I don't know if anything else he's worked on is any good or not though. I really only know him from APC and QOTSA. I was very bummed when I heard he was leaving APC. Oh well.
And yes, 'Colony of Birchmen' is beyond awesome!
^ cool :p. Me and my bulldozer *no joke* of a friend are going to the mastodon concert and going into the moshpit . WE are going to get owned and if I come back alive, Ill give you trent reznor
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^Ha! You'll give me Reznor, huh? Is that a promise? I'd prefer MJK though
Well, have fun at the show.
^ thanks and MJK will come along with it to except you will have to pay shipping
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ thanks and MJK will come along with it to except you will have to pay shipping

I'll pay you twice as much if you ship them to me!

Anyways, I downloaded Songs For The Deaf about a year ago, and I didn't really like it. I
saw this thread and gave it another listen and I love it. Really weird too, that's been happening to me with other bands, like The Mars Volta. I'm happy though, as I can love more music now.

Also, I don't see how liking QOTSA and Tool make you a hybrid
Forgot who posted it, but someone said that Josh Homme started a short-lived band "Head Band" with Jeordie White and Josh Freese, and they're in APC with Maynard, who's in Tool. And Dave Grohl also did drumming for NIN's With Teeth album, and Trent Reznor is associated with MJK through Tapeworm and whatnot.

Sorry, if I made that a confusing mess. It just makes sense that awesome musicians will collaborate with each other.
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

^ I know that and along with tapeworm never happened I almost cried. Just kiddin anyway DAVID GROHL DRUMMED FOR NIN? All the songs on that album didnt seem like song for dead worthy drums but none the less pretty damn good!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ I know that and along with tapeworm never happened I almost cried. Just kiddin anyway DAVID GROHL DRUMMED FOR NIN? All the songs on that album didnt seem like song for dead worthy drums but none the less pretty damn good!

Ummm... what?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Grohl did a few tracks for With Teeth, but I'm not sure. The almighty and knowledgeable TheWretched will have to clarify.

I know this has probably been asked a million times, but what songs does Mark Lanegan sing on SFTD? Btw, I'm really feeling Go With The Flow right now.
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Grohl played almost all the live drums (as opposed to programmed)

He played on:

All the Love in the World
You Know What You Are?
The Collector
Every Day Is Exactly the Same
Getting Smaller
Sunspots
The Line Begins to Blur

Lanegan sings on:

From R:

Auto Pilot
In The Fade

From SFTD:

Song For The Dead
Hanging Tree
God In The Radio

From Lullabies:

This Lullaby
Burn The Witch

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
^really? On burn the witch and for your info, he also sings on another love song and song for the deaf of SFTD
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^really? On burn the witch and for your info, he also sings on another love song and song for the deaf of SFTD

****, forgot SFT Deaf.

But Another Love Song is Nick Olivieri.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez