So I went to my local guitar store the other day and I must have tried about a dozen guitars before finding one I really liked. The LTD MW-600

The bolt-on btw was "angled" and very comfortable. Akin in feeling to a set neck. It's not a huge plate you're used to seing on low-leveled guitars.
So I was wondering, the max I can spend is 900$ USD (my dad actually ), my style being metal and my amp a Roland Cube 60 (don't even think of telling me to get a new amp, my dad will only pay me a guitar). Is there any other guitars out there of the same price with better specs?

A few restrictions though, try to respect them no matter how crazy:
- No Les Paul bodies, I just don't like them
-No EMGs, they sound horrible through my amp and I didn't like their "tone" even through a tube amp
-The companies I am restricted to are (due to the store carrying only these): Dean, ESP/LTD, Jackson, Ibanez
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Last edited by TillDeath at May 15, 2006,
Seems pretty good. Original floyd rose, Seymour Duncans pickups (which some don't mind, while others hate), alder body which works fine if you're into more of a brighter metal sound. Only 21 frets though.

Most of the Ibanezes in that pricerange are made of basswood which is too sweet sounding and midrangey for metal tones. You could take a look at the S470, its made of mahogany and has also got a decent bridge (the ZR), buts its only $450 so, you could drop what you have left on some pickups.

The only things you have to watch out for really in that range of guitars:
a) does it play well?
b) is the bridge decent? (eg: its an original floyd rose or one of Ibanezs Edge/Edge Pro/ZR/LoPro Edge)
Last edited by seljer at May 15, 2006,
Quote by seljer
Only 21 frets though

Nope 22. On another note, remember this is not my money, which is good and bad. Because he won't buy me anything other than a guitar, so no pickup swaps in a while for me because I'm kind of poor after pitching in to buy some new drums for my band.

Any Ibanez have some actually good stock pickups which could rival a JB once the pole pieces are adjusted? Anyone else have some other suggestions?
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Quote by TillDeath
Any Ibanez have some actually good stock pickups which could rival a JB once the pole pieces are adjusted? Anyone else have some other suggestions?

Not really. The only Ibanezs that really come with good pickups are the JEMs and such with the real Dimarzio Evos and all that. Some of the higher end of RG Prestige line come with Dimarzios but they're only some kind of Dimarzio/Ibanez and you'd probably want to swap them out for real Dimarzios in the end anyway

Ibanez make great guitars but are nothing special as far as the pickups go
You can get Jacksons? Try a RR3 Rhoads. In Musicians Friend they are only 699.99. Or an ESP KH-202 Kirk Hammet Signature for 489.99