hey. i'm interested in the BC rich "The Dagger" semi hollowbody guitar. i play a lot of metal, this guitar is cosmetically appealing to me and i would like to try something new. the only problem is that i heard that semi hollowbody guitars feedback a lot at high gain. i dont want to fill the guitar with foam to reduce it (that kinda defeats the purpose of it being a semi hollow body). i was wondering if a noise gate would keep the feedback to a minimum if not completely gone. and if so, what kind should I get? i have a job so price isnt a huge factor, but i dont want anything over $100.
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!

Last edited by Stimpomatic at May 15, 2006,
A noise gate won't reduce the feedback. I haven't heard complaints about feedback from these, but if you do get it then it will only take a small amount of foam in the right place to stop it.
thanks guys. another question (for 6DEATH6METAL6): is it much louder than a solid body electric guitar unamped? my dad doesnt like it when i play my electric when he is home, and im not a huge fan of headphones (although i have a set)
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!