Anybody own one/played on one? WHat are your thoughts on them? I'm importing one from Japan this summer after playing it in GAK and really loving it.
Man, do you know what is the price on those babies?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Here in Germany they cost 2500 euro.

I played them, well the RG8270 same thing except the headstock is different. No velvet touch w/e that is....

It plays everything any guitar you would dream of, oh, and i be getting one sooner or later too around july
lovley guitars, but for a price!!!

£1700?
id rather a vigier excalibur custom and £160 in my pocket
i think theyre good too those vigiers. But hey we dont wanna keep spamming this thread about some totally different brand of guitar makers now?
Ok, ok, Vigiers are good I get the point... Anybody else like to add anything to what the topic is for please? No smart ass replies either, I'm looking your way godofshred
o rly?

o/jk im not normally this spammtastic, its danno's fault, honest!

so, how much are you willing to spend...like your maxiumum, what styles do you play and what you look for in a guitar, and what did you like best about hte j custom?
Part of the reason why J-customs are so expensive is because they are rather limited.

IMO they are just a little bit too pricey. They are mighty fine guitars with slightly more disversity then your average RG and options but I would rather likely have a JEM.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by godofshred
o rly?

o/jk im not normally this spammtastic, its danno's fault, honest!

so, how much are you willing to spend...like your maxiumum, what styles do you play and what you look for in a guitar, and what did you like best about hte j custom?

I'm willing to spend up to £2000, I mainly play metal, classic rock and blues, I like a guitar to sound nice, have a fast neck and to look nice, and the thing I liked best is how nice the neck felt and the high attention to construction. When I played it in the shop they hooked me up to an amp not very suited to the type of music I play so I didn't get a very good "feel" of what it was like in that department, that's partly why I came here to ask.
Quote by ScottishAngus

I'm being rather picky here so I'm particularly after the 8470 in black onyx, I was in GAK a few days ago and they said they may be able to source one for me which would cut down the price alot but this may not be possible. The figure I gave was how much I would guess to pay if I was ordering from ikebe-gakki.com

Btw does anybody here have experience of importing guitars that could tell me how to work out the cost of it? (Japan ---> England)
If you're ordering straight from the Japan site, then you shouldnt be worried about too much of a price, its the f'king middle man thats eating you up. Also, the J-Custom 8470 uses the Super Wizard neck (yay, hoshino gakki revived it). The maximum suggested retail price of the guitar in Japan is £1,369.99, and it should be cheaper. If GAK told you that its £1700 than their feeding themselves i think. The best way to get it cheap is by straight ordering from Japan or if you know someone there that can get it for you.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yep best bet is to probably go their yourself or get someone to get it for you if they were going there
Quote by madpickin03
If you're ordering straight from the Japan site, then you shouldnt be worried about too much of a price, its the f'king middle man thats eating you up. Also, the J-Custom 8470 uses the Super Wizard neck (yay, hoshino gakki revived it). The maximum suggested retail price of the guitar in Japan is £1,369.99, and it should be cheaper. If GAK told you that its £1700 than their feeding themselves i think. The best way to get it cheap is by straight ordering from Japan or if you know someone there that can get it for you.

They didn't quote me £1700, that's just what somebody I know thought it would add up to with import tax and shipping.

+ I don't know anybody going to Japan and I'm certainly not going for a guitar.
Are you gonna ask GAK to order for you? If not, may i suggest a good way Here's what i do if i were you (actually i did this). I did this with a guitar shop before. What you do is, you really really hang out there and try to make friends with the ordering clerk, not to the point of gay.... You just read everything you can about guitar rigs, amps, effects and ask them for price, describe your opinion and whatnot. Then like 2 days after that or a week, place the order while asking for a special friend price or a reasonable discount. They will ask for a deposit and ur set.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Also it has this velvet touch which i dunno what it does or so.... What i saw is that the neck looks glossy from pics i see on the internet. And has Titanium Reinforcment so i think that it will be very hard for your neck to warp out.....