I know there is already a thread on them but it isn't similar to this one. I love The Pink Floyd but i haven't heard any of their old stuff, like when Barret was still in the band. Are there any songs/albums you would recomend to me??
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
My favourite songs of Piper At The Gates of Dawn is The Gnome, Bike and Lucifer Sam.
I just downloaded Lucifer Sam and it kicks ass
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Piper at the Gates of Dawn is a psychedelic masterpiece if you ask me. most people will disagree but you should definitely get it.

A Saucerful of Secrets has only one Syd song (Jugband Blues) and the album has a more "darker" feel to it but it's still great.

Pick up Relics as well if you're interested in See Emily Play and Arnold Layne.
Just my opinion, but I think the Syd days are horribly overrated. If you want eary Floyd, get some Atom Heart Mother, or especially Obscured by Clouds.
"Great music completely obliterates any conceptions of genre"

Recordnerd
Quote by rplb
get the album "more" not many have heard it.

Stellar album. Highly recomended.

Barrett was only in for two albums, their first: Piper At the Gates Of Dawn. And: A Saucerful of Secrets, on which I beleive he only played lead guitar and sang on Jugband Blues. You may want to check out Barrett's solo stuff too then.
set the controls for the heart of the sun... amazing ****ing song. I just realized how freaking awesome it is. I cant describe it. I could probably play the guitar riff 24/7 while staring at a wall. Check out all of old pink floyd. Piper at the gates of dawn... pure syd barrett, ummugumma, atom heart mother, saucerful of secrets, more, obscured by clouds, meddle.
Quote by KingBrendan5149

A Saucerful of Secrets has only one Syd song (Jugband Blues) and the album has a more "darker" feel to it but it's still great. .

He also worked on Saucerful of Secrets, Remeber a Day, and i THINK Let There be More Light.

Syd Barrett didn;t work on More, but In My opinion that is the best early pink flyod album. Please but it, you won;t regret.
Quote by rush4life
Pretty much all of Fox's buddies were a pain in the ass. Falco was such a dick.

Member #13 of the UG Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
Quote by distilledspirit
This may not be "old" Floyd but check out Atom Heart Mother...it's so strange but it has its awesome moments.

I have my alarm set to Allan's Pycadelic breakfast. Its cool cause you hear the eggs sizzling and them saying stuff like, i want more marmalade.
Quote by rush4life

Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.
Insane.
And "Bike" could never get old.
Syd Barrett was an amusing guy.
I watch my memories fade with time, but I'm too young to worry.... .a7x.
Quote by CFlydn9
He also worked on Saucerful of Secrets, Remeber a Day, and i THINK Let There be More Light.
I'm pretty sure the only thing he did on that album was Jugband Blues. He is rumoured to be on Set the Controls though.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by CFlydn9
I have my alarm set to Allan's Pycadelic breakfast. Its cool cause you hear the eggs sizzling and them saying stuff like, i want more marmalade.

Dude that's awesome! I love that part.
listen to 'see emily play', 'astronomy domine', and 'interstellar overdrive'. they will most likely be more of what you're looking for since you like 70's floyd, so start with those. if you don't like them then don't bother checking out old Floyd.
How many of you people know you're alive?
Quote by BrainDamage
I'm pretty sure the only thing he did on that album was Jugband Blues. He is rumoured to be on Set the Controls though.

You may be right, but accoring to my syd barrett biggraphy he worked on the ones a siad. It still is in dispute though, so no one really knows the exact songs.
Quote by rush4life