To my knowledge at least, there has never been a thread, or even a mere reference, regarding ?The Church?, or indeed Steve Kilbey?s extra curricular activities, within this forum.

Nevertheless, here we are, and seeing as they aren?t the most well known band in the world, by any means, I shall provide a brief list of their most popular songs.

?Under the Milky Way? (Featured on the original soundtrack to ?Donnie Darko?.)
?The Unguarded Moment?
?Almost With You?
?Reptile?
?Metropolis?

For those not in the know, they?re comparable in sound to ?Echo & the Bunnymen?, ?Pink Floyd? and ?The Byrds?. In other words, they?re a brilliant mix of pop sensibility and psychedelic experimentation; a band worthy to grace the ears of many a discerning listener. So, if there are any fans around, feel free to share your opinions.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
There has definately been threads on them in the past.
I've only got 'Starfish' and a live set from 1988 by them, but they are a slightly classic band and I sometimes feel that just having the obvious is a bit sh*tty, but hey, what can ya do?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Well, if you enjoy ?Starfish?, ?Priest=Aura? would be a logical step in terms of purchase. Although to be honest, I?d also recommend ?After Everything Now This?; seeing as many regard it, to be their best album of late, if not their career high, as it were.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
guess what guys.
the lead guitarist gave me and about 9 other from my music class a lesson on moday and will be doing so for the next 6 weeks.
hes a great guy.
^ You lucky bastard.

I saw The Church in concert a few months ago, they were bloody excellent. An all acoustic set. Seriously underrated musicians. They're lead guitarist is amazing. And they seem like such nice guys, and really entertaining too.
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
^ You lucky bastard.

I saw The Church in concert a few months ago, they were bloody excellent. An all acoustic set. Seriously underrated musicians. They're lead guitarist is amazing. And they seem like such nice guys, and really entertaining too.

yeh man i guess i am pretty lucky.
he is so good to just sit there and watch play.
hes just an all round great guy.
My tafe teachers steve kilbeys brother, i quite like the church from what ive heard... Sorry just felt like feeling special