I play an american strat with a george lynch screamin demon in the bridge...i run it through a Peavey XXX head but thats not the problem because this evil sound happens on any amp...

Whenever i throw any gain/distortion/overdrive or crunch...any at all...each not is accompanied by this horrible tremelo sound with a buzzing.....the notes therefore sound like crap and dont ring out clearly.....

if you think you can help me plz do......state the obvious if you want ill try anything at this point
how long has it been since you changed the tubes? and what color are they?
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
is it an electronic noise. or a mechanical buzzing from the guitar strings.

are u thinking its fret buzz?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well allow me to kill both your theories.........

I changed the strings and the tubes............

the buzz is still there.........

the guitar has been set up as well.......

i think the noise might be mechanical and is being picked up though the amp.........but at the same time i dont know because its happened on other guitars as well
well i dont know that mine was a theory as much as a question.
But.....

if ur sure its not buzzing the frets and think it might be mechanical then unplug it and strum it hard. then shake it and use the trem.

are u getting noise?

if not then plug it in and use a different guitar cable. check and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ok wait, ur saying that when its unplugged its making noise?

then u probably have ur strings set too low. and if u raise them the buzzing might stop.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

whatever it is its defentaly mechanical.........i guess ill try and raise the strings........ill check back here later with my results.....

thanks for the help
yeah ...the only thing thats gonna be buzzing unplugged is the strings. get the action raised and you should be set.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I raised the action and the buzz is still there..........im not sure what the problem or how to fix it
Can you try checking your neck relief coz it may be your truss rod. Fret the 1st fret and 16th/17th (where the neck meets the body), see the 8th fretwire, there should be at least a clearance of 0.3-0.5mm roughly between the string and the fretwire, if the string is just laying on the fretboard, then you dont have any relief and if its more than 0.5mm you have too much neck relief. Then your truss rod needs to be adjusted. You can get more accurate reading by using a capo and feeler gauge but this is preference, dont need to be so exact.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Turn off all electrical appliaces in the room apart from your amp. Some pickups react with certain electrical appliances e.g monitors causing buzzes...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name