I was wondering what you guys thought was the best guitar and amp for $700. The guitar and amp have to both be versatile enough to play any type of music but the amp has to be a tube amp.
get a mexi strat and save the rest for an amp
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
I'd get a MIA fat strat and a fender blues junior tube amp hopefully enough money if not try to get them used and then save up for an OD pedal, you'll be in heaven.
spend a little more than half on the amp... preferably used

with a good guitar and a shitty amp, the sound will still be shitty because the amp will not produce the original acoustic sound of the guitar...

with a decent guitar with a good amp, best tonal output will come from the guitar's acoustic tone...
Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
Last edited by ludachris0606 at May 15, 2006,
Ibanez RG321MH with new pickups + Vox AD30T/Roland Cube 30. The amps might not be a full tube but its a hybrid i think and its really really a good amp for practice and jamming.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I got an Ibanez S470 and a VOX AD15VT.
that cost me around 700$ and the combo is very versatile.
The guitar is HSH pu, so its very versatile you can play all kind of music, its a really good guitar for the price check out the web for more info.
The Amp is the best amp in its price range, really I like it a lot, its a tube amp and have a lot of preset and effects, so very versatile too.