Ok, i've tried to decifer DiMarzio's diagram but it looks like it was made in MS Paint so its not doing me much good. I was wondering if there was anything online that gave basic wiring diagrams or if anyone has some decent ones.

I really only need to know what goes where on a Humbucker-Humbucker (4 conductor) settup with one volume, one tone and a slide switch (3 or 5 position)
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
I'll add something: You should still refer to the DiMarzio documentation to make sure you're using the proper color coding for your hot, ground, and coil tap wires.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ Yeah, if you're using Duncan diagrams, don't copy the colors. I'll translate, Duncan to DiMarzio..
Black = Red
White = Black
Red = White
Green = Green
These go to eleven...
^Now black=red is just plain wierd...considering that black is always negative/ground, and red is always positive. And then white is usually AC hot...

Yeah...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
The most logical is:

Black-Ground
White-Hot

Then the splitting wires can be whatever I guess... purple and green is good.

Everything would be so much better if I could control pickup wiring colors...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
And don't forget the hot and ground aren't the same color for neck and bridge pickups...
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
And don't forget the hot and ground aren't the same color for neck and bridge pickups...

since when?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
im lost....... thanks for the input though
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
Quote by IndieMetalhead
since when?

On a PRS 3 conductor, they're reversed. And I've experienced other situations with that, too. I had that problem installing my DiMarzio in the mid position on my Strat.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ So it splits the right coil? On a HH guitar, all you gotta do is install the neck pickup backwards, so both slug coils are facing inwards.
These go to eleven...
hi everyone, iv jus signed up here as a member because i need some real help wiring up my guitar. i hav a epiphone G400 (sg copy) n i want to put in some lovely SH EQ5 pick ups from a shadow guitar. but i dont hav a clue how to start and i dnt have a clue how to get a good sound from them once they r in there please give me some advice someone, and is it wise to put them pickups in a guitar like that? thanx for reading