Page 1 of 2
Its funny how people inside here are "agile!!! must.. have.... ah.. ah.. agile!!" when most of the kids prob never tried one. Meaning, that while i appreciate the opinion of people like crunchmeister, i won't rule out the fact that the guitar he got is a diamond among rocks, or sheep among wolves if you will.

Not saying that they aren't good guitars for the money invested, but to come in here saying that the average agile is better than the average low end gibson? Now, thats just plain wrong.

And to all the people moaning about the dramatic decline of gibson quality. I'm by no means an expert, but i've talked with plenty of experienced musicians (Seeing as how i come from a musical family), and none of them would say that gibson has become increasingly lax with their quality control. While most haven't said that they deny the possibility of gibson guitars being better in the good old days, they certainly wouldn't go as far as saying that the gibson made today are crap guitars, and you're only paying for the name etc. etc.

Their quality was bad in the 70s, true. But that was 30 years ago.

(This) (the above) is just an (excerpt) from a previous post by (me) in another (thread) which (I) wanted to (share) with (you) guys coz i (want) some answers.

Why do people bash gibsons????

Edit: In case anyone was wondering about the ()'s, yeah, im crazy.

I've never tried an agile btw, its just that i find the idea of 300 dollar guitars being better than 1000 dollar guitars utterly ludicurous. Let the flaming commence! DUdududuDUduDU

EDIT2: Oh, and yeah, i just recently bought a gibson LP classic, so you might just say "oh, he's just trying to defend the fact that he payed 2500 for a name", and you might be partly right. But i want some answers anyway!
Last edited by guitarforever<3 at May 15, 2006,
well i think the people who say agile's are as good as gibsons are nuts...but i also think that agiles are indeed good guitars for the money.

all the gibson bashing is pretty dumb and unfounded...i'd like one person to actually post and tell us about how the gibson you bought was a lemon. it all seems to be hearsay to me.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
i dont get it either, no logic behind it

how can made in usa be worse than made in taiwan??? wtf???

Made in USA > Made wherever Agiles are made
I don't think Agiles are better than Gibsons, but they are much better than non-elitist epiphones.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by Member

+1 Except Gibsons still suck, they're just a notch above Agiles. I hate Gibsons to be honest, but you can't compare them to Agiles, ever.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
The place where a guitar is made doesn't mean how good it is, its how it was made is the definitive factor on its quality. Besides, how many of you have tried Agiles? Complaining about people bashing Gibson is stupid when you've never played the guitar that they are defending. For all you guys know, Agile could be the best guitars ever to grace man. They're not, but they are damn good. Don't bash someone without enouhg info.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by AlGeeEater
+1 Except Gibsons still suck, they're just a notch above Agiles. I hate Gibsons to be honest, but you can't compare them to Agiles, ever.

I own an Agile and I absolutely love it and I have played Gibsons, but Gibson is sending out a lot of lemons these days, but the good ones can in no way be compared to Agiles.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at May 15, 2006,
So, heres the facts.

1. You've been playing guitar for six months
2. You've never played agile...or Gibson
3. Your FAMILY tells you Gibson doesn't suck, so you beleive them\\
4. You stake defence on Gibson, despite your never having\touching\playing\smelling one.

Go home.
i prefer gibsons, but to make an agile as good as a gibson you would need 57 humbuckers(or maybe an angus or iomi (sp?) humbucker for the bridge) and at least some grover tuners
+1 for bonchie, agiles are good for the money, they are not as good as gibsons and whoever say so is crazy, gibson are a very pricey but they have so many great features that others dont like woods(flame maple) and many other parts (binding, good pickups, nitro finishes, many diff colors, 4 knobs, ect.), and they are very hand made compared to other guitars, this may lead to inconsistency but i dont think that it is as bad as most people say
Quote by Member
i dont get it either, no logic behind it

how can made in usa be worse than made in taiwan??? wtf???

Where are you getting that logic from, if they made two squire strats, one in taiwan, and one in the US, they are the exact same, exept where they are built, would you buy the american one for $400 compared to $250?
Quote by SGStrummer61
The place where a guitar is made doesn't mean how good it is, its how it was made is the definitive factor on its quality. Besides, how many of you have tried Agiles? Complaining about people bashing Gibson is stupid when you've never played the guitar that they are defending. For all you guys know, Agile could be the best guitars ever to grace man. They're not, but they are damn good. Don't bash someone without enouhg info.

Where did i say i havent played a gibson? I said i've never played an AGILE! Reading skillz?

Yeah, i went to a guitar store and tested prob 20 + gibsons + lots of other guitars, and not one of the gibsons was anything other than excellent. There was one which might not be worth the price, but that was a les paul special, and they suck anyway.

To johnny boy: Read my sig. Is the letters big enough for you? Yeah, you're right, i own a gibson, i just don't dare to touch it. The mere thought makes me piss my pants.
Quote by AlGeeEater

Sellouts, cant make affordable quality instruments. Which is something that a company like Fender can do. For your classic, you could get a Custom Shop Fender, which is made to last 10x more than Gibsons. Yes their quality is going down, that is a fact. After the late 90's it seemed like they just kinda said, "Well theres enough Gibson fanboys that will pay 2000 for our instruments, so we dont have to deliver the same quality product. Because hell were Gibson."

And Agiles are nice for their price range, not as good as Gibsons, but better for the price. I mean Gibson Faded Series is just retarded.

High end Agile>Faded Series

Edit: And you pay 2000 for a guitar and still have a Cube
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Ok..I'm an Agile owner...I never once said that it was better than any Gibson. I simply stated it was more affordable. Of course a Gibson, costing $1000^ is probably going to play better than Agile, costing under $600. However (and I'm only speaking for myself), I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a guitar just like that. I buy what I can afford, and for the mere $370 that I spent, the Agile is a great guitar.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Quote by StratRat13
Sellouts, cant make affordable quality instruments. Which is something that a company like Fender can do. For your classic, you could get a Custom Shop Fender, which is made to last 10x more than Gibsons. Yes their quality is going down, that is a fact. After the late 90's it seemed like they just kinda said, "Well theres enough Gibson fanboys that will pay 2000 for our instruments, so we dont have to deliver the same quality product. Because hell were Gibson."

And Agiles are nice for their price range, not as good as Gibsons, but better for the price. I mean Gibson Faded Series is just retarded.

High end Agile>Faded Series

Edit: And you pay 2000 for a guitar and still have a Cube

Im sorry if i choose to put my trust in known and respected musicians in my home city rather than some random guy at the internet. As well as what i think about gibsons in general, i might add. Their quality might have slacked off SLIGTHLY, but this unmindful gibson bashing just gives ypu aways as an agile fan boy. You make it sound like the flood all over again. Yeah, im talking about that ****ing flood with noah in the bible.

Edit: No, im getting a mesa boogie pretty soon. I tried two on my local store, but they were cheaper over the internet... unfortunaely, they have a delivery of over 2 weeks...
I've got a question. I was wondering if Agiles are just beginner guitars. It seems most people who get them get the 2000 and are just starting guitar.
Quote by guitarforever<3
Where did i say i havent played a gibson? I said i've never played an AGILE! Reading skillz?

Yeah, i went to a guitar store and tested prob 20 + gibsons + lots of other guitars, and not one of the gibsons was anything other than excellent. There was one which might not be worth the price, but that was a les paul special, and they suck anyway.

To johnny boy: Read my sig. Is the letters big enough for you? Yeah, you're right, i own a gibson, i just don't dare to touch it. The mere thought makes me piss my pants.

Reading problem . I said that you guys have never played the guitars that people are bashing Gibson with. In other words, Agiles.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Quote by SGStrummer61
Reading problem . I said that you guys have never played the guitars that people are bashing Gibson with. In other words, Agiles.

Oh sorry, i assumed johnny had jumped on the band wagon coz of something u said coz his was so short. My appologies.
Quote by SGStrummer61
how many of you have tried Agiles?

I've played upwards of 20 of them. Hell I owned a 2005 Gibson USA LP Standard, but I sold it because it sucked. I've worked on probaly 30+ Gibsons, and owned about 4 in the past. All 4 were WAY better than the 2005 model. How many Agiles/Gibsons have you played?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at May 15, 2006,
You have no opinion, your ear for tone sucks. You bought a flashy guitar to look better, but you still sound the same.

You have never played an agile, and have only touched one gibson.

Die.

EDIT: Intended to threadstarted, not Mr Algeeater above me!(ps , you pwnz teh payntz0rs. Get to work on that carved top pl0z )
Last edited by Johnnyboy66 at May 15, 2006,
Quote by guitarforever<3
Im sorry if i choose to put my trust in known and respected musicians in my home city rather than some random guy at the internet. As well as what i think about gibsons in general, i might add. Their quality might have slacked off SLIGTHLY, but this unmindful gibson bashing just gives ypu aways as an agile fan boy. You make it sound like the flood all over again. Yeah, im talking about that ****ing flood with noah in the bible.

Ok I play Fender #1.

I played Gibson until a year ago. Their qaulity has gone down ALOT.
Since when would Gibson put out a series such as the Faded, since now. They are complete crap.

You sit here and ask why we dont like Gibson then you rant about why were wrong.

"I know trusted muscians"

I dont give a **** who you trust, if you had any sense at all you'd know quality has gone down, you join this month, then think you can flame anyone who challenges your opinion. You dont even give your own reasons, you need your trusted musician friends to make a point.

Ask Algeeeater, he is a luthier, he builds guitars for a living. Ask him how many guitars hes had to un**** that came out of Gibsons factories.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
I wasn't refering to you Algee since I know you have played them. But I have played a lot of Gibsons, SGs, LPs, Explorers, Vs, heck I have even played a LP Supreme where the pickup selector was backwards. I love Gibson, my favorite guitar is the SG, I am not an Agile fanboy, but Gibson does have pretty crappy quality control. Some of my favorite guitars that are pretty cheap and are amazing, are Carvin guitars, which you have agreed with me on before, Algee.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Haha poor little idiot. Jealous of people with moneyt are we? You're just too ****ing lazy to get off your ass and work some cash up. I ****ing dragged my ass to and from work an entire year to afford that guitar and amp. So go **** a cow or sumethin.. Its all u're good for in this life.

Edit: that was for little johnny.
Quote by StratRat13
Ask Algeeeater, he is a luthier, he builds guitars for a living. Ask him how many guitars hes had to un**** that came out of Gibsons factories.

Too many to count on 2 hands thats for sure!

SGStrummer61 - I meant how many Agiles have you played, my bad.
^^ ??

None, but I probably will soon in the near future since Union is only about 2 hours from my house. Me and my dad might have to check out Rondo sometime.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Quote by guitarforever<3
Haha poor little idiot. Jealous of people with moneyt are we? You're just too ****ing lazy to get off your ass and work some cash up. I ****ing dragged my ass to and from work an entire year to afford that guitar and amp. So go **** a cow or sumethin.. Its all u're good for in this life.

I've had enough money to buy a Les Paul Classic. I'd rather spend my money on a qaulity guitar, and qaulity tube amp, for a decent tone. Something you dont know of since you still use a Cube with a 2000 dollar guitar.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by guitarforever<3

You spend all your time working for flashy gear, and none of it practicing.

Soundclips, mr expensive rich ''Gibson pwns'' man.

I honestly think your playing doesnt diserve what you play.
Quote by StratRat13
Ok I play Fender #1.

I played Gibson until a year ago. Their qaulity has gone down ALOT.
Since when would Gibson put out a series such as the Faded, since now. They are complete crap.

You sit here and ask why we dont like Gibson then you rant about why were wrong.

"I know trusted muscians"

I dont give a **** who you trust, if you had any sense at all you'd know quality has gone down, you join this month, then think you can flame anyone who challenges your opinion. You dont even give your own reasons, you need your trusted musician friends to make a point.

I couln't very well do that, now could i.. until you agile fanboys came along, this was civilized, and i hadn't flamed anybody except the ass hole who said i've nevver played a gibson. Which is wrong. I haven't got my hands on any older gibson. I DID try all the gibsons in that store, and i think that qualifies to have an opionion of my own. Yeah, i trust people in my community. What of it? So you just remember that you started the flaming when you crawl back down to that **** hole you came from.
Quote by StratRat13
I've had enough money to buy a Les Paul Classic. I'd rather spend my money on a qaulity guitar, and qaulity tube amp, for a decent tone. Something you dont know of since you still use a Cube with a 2000 dollar guitar.

Idiot... I pity you.

You're just a pimply 14 year old sitting in his room acting all important. Ill leave you to your giggles. Swapping insults with you, frankly, its just beneath me.
Quote by guitarforever<3
I couln't very well do that, now could i.. until you agile fanboys came along, this was civilized, and i hadn't flamed anybody except the ass hole who said i've nevver played a gibson. Which is wrong. I haven't got my hands on any older gibson. I DID try all the gibsons in that store, and i think that qualifies to have an opionion of my own. Yeah, i trust people in my community. What of it? So you just remember that you started the flaming when you crawl back down to that **** hole you came from.

Youve played for 6 months like you said, you could play all the Gibsons you want, but at this time, your opinion on tone is worthless.
This...thread...is...useless.
Quote by AlGeeEater
This...thread...is...useless.

No, were showing this guy how to spend his money properly

In spite of it all, maybe heel take the gibby back and actually buy his newborn some diapers..or formula..or something
I really wish all of us "agile fanboys" weren't categorized together.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Actually, i have an excellent ear for tone. As my guitar teacher pointed out, my technique might not be the best, but he's never had a student with a better ear. Your assumtion fails.
Quote by guitarforever<3
Actually, i have an excellent ear for tone. As my guitar teacher pointed out, my technique might not be the best, but he's never had a student with a better ear. Your assumtion fails.

, ok, I beleive you, since your guitar teacher said so!
Just on an off-topic note, Algee, since you are a painter/builder/what ever the ****, if you make any money which I'm sure you do, how much? Since I am thinking about building and painting guitars soon and want to see what a constant effort of it is like. I've only modded, but my dad can help my with wood shaping and the other crap.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

i think of an agile as the poor mans gibson, i mean come on your gonna start a war comparing a 200-500 dollar guitar to a multi thousand dollar one, you have to realize for the price not much compares to the agile note i said for the price wich is 500 or below
Quote by guitarforever<3

Amp is 70% of your tone
Guitar is 30%

Any real guitar player knows that.

Edit: And no I'm not a pimply 14 year old, I've played many gigs, you?

Lets go, lets hear some sound clips, bud.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Page 1 of 2