so hopefully i'm seeing the allman brothers AGAIN this summer (Second year running) but they're also playing with gov't mule.

now all i know is that warren haynes is in it, and that they're a jam band too. anybody reccomend any stuff to listen to to get a feel for them?

thanks,
jesse
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
I hope I get to see the Brothers again this summer.

Anyways, I'm not sure of exactly what Gov't Mule plays, but I'm sure that it's possible some of the stuff will be stuff that Warren Haynes wrote that might be played when he's with the Allmans.

For example, "Soulshine". If you look up Gov't Mule on YouTube, that song will be there along with some others. If you watch them you might get a better idea of the songs and other stuff they play.
soulshine is a good song, good song to play/solo over

g minor blues i believe?

any of their live stuff is pretty decent.
Proud follower of Zeppelinism

PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Eat, drink and be merry,
for tomorrow we die.
Personally I'd rather see the Allmans play when they do their shows with the Derek Trucks Band (which they are for several of their shows.) Yet if you can't find an allmans/DTB show and insist on seeing the allmans/gov't mule. Get Deep End Vol.1 & 2. along with a "With a little help from our friends" (i think that's what its called, its a lvie album), and the DVD: Deepest End. Their live albums will give you a better feel for them, than their studio albums.
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
I'm going to see the Allman Brothers with the Derek Trucks Band this summer, June 27th.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Allman Brothers has only a fraction of the greatness it once had. They still rule though
Bob Marley Fan Club Member #3. PM basketcase23 to join.
Quote by carlsbad
klein82887 i love you.

Quote by frippogenics
Only in America do most people get their news from the Daily Show.
^^Sorry to say it, but I totally disagree.

Even though the original guys who aren't in the band anymore (Duane, Berry, and Dickey), I think the guys who've come to replace them are absolutely outstanding.

Warren Haynes is absolutely monstrous, with a wicked tone, and, I hate to admit it, but Derek's going to be, if he's not already, better than Duane at slide.

Oteil's also a pretty good bassist.
^ We all have opinions man
Bob Marley Fan Club Member #3. PM basketcase23 to join.
Quote by carlsbad
klein82887 i love you.

Quote by frippogenics
Only in America do most people get their news from the Daily Show.
^ The Dead had two drummers, they pioneered it all. Besides it workedo ut great for both the Allmans and the Dead

*Official Deadhead*
theyre not really a jam band, but theyre pretty good n e wayz. i saw them live with moe around october. and they were pretty awesome
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
I'll send you their CD if you'd like. They're really great

AIM: Gibson1801
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by jckido21
theyre not really a jam band, but theyre pretty good n e wayz. i saw them live with moe around october. and they were pretty awesome

They're not really a jam band? Is that a joke? Please back that up...

One of their most famous songs is actually entitled Mountain JAM... you know what it is? Its a 34 minute instrumental jam.
*Official Deadhead*

Last edited by trey-col89 at May 16, 2006,
Quote by trey-col89

One of their most famous songs is actually entitled Mountain JAM... you know what it is? Its a 34 minute instrumental jam.

I think he is talking about Gov't Mule.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by fenderfreak101
I think he is talking about Gov't Mule.

Evenso.... Gov't Mule is just as much a jam band as any jam band will ever be.
*Official Deadhead*

Quote by trey-col89

At the Ludlow Garage their version of Mountain Jam is 44 minutes!

But they're definetly not a jam-band...

Nevermind, I read the posts a few above me. I'm a dumbass.
well i am going to see the allman, not govt mule. i mean, it's cool that ill get two in one, but thats why im going. so it's not disapointment that derek trucks band wont be around

plus derek trucks will be with them either way, so yeah...i'm stoked.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
They are a Southern Rock Jam Band, c'mon they toured with the grateful Dead. all bands who toured with the Dead were jam bands, like jefferson airplane.

*Official Deadhead*