I really need a new guitar. I have it narrowed down between 3 guitars. They are a B.C. Rich Zombie, B.C. Rich Warlock and a Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom. The Zakk Wylde Les Paul will take a while to save up for. I currently have a Squire Strat and it sucks. What should I get?
it depends id get the epiphone it has a better range of sounds than the bc-rich i shoud noe i have both
Nah I think you should try a B.C. Rich Bronze Beast.

Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Well well, looks like you re a metal fan, which (to me) is really good.
The thing is, what do u want to get from your guitar? the B c Riches are perfect guitars for death metal, gothic, gore metal and everything that has to do with satan, death, and bla bla bla. Why is this? cause those guitar were built to be tuned at least a whole tone down, so that you can get really low notes. The thing with these things are that you cant get a decen clean tone unless you do too much to it (you should re calibrate it in orden to put thinner strings, get a really valvular amp like a fender or so, and swith pickups... it all would cost arond 400 bucks...)
The Zakk Wylde guitar is not so diferent realating to this point, all the three fo them are guitars for metal, for lots of distortion and for fast-furious-breath taking- playing... and also they are exelent for harmonics, palm muting and so... Advantages of the les paul: it has a warmer sound, and will not perform too badly with clean tones. Advantage of the others: they are more comfortable to play.
You decide
Of those three the Epi is by far the best imo.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
get the Epi. it really plays like a dream...
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
Are there any other guitars under $1000 dollars that are good for metal and basically all other types of rock that any ony can think of?
Ibanez guitars are not excesively expensive and are really versatile... its the best choice you can get an ibanez RG570 which is professional line for less than 1000 bucks... that guitar features two humbucking pickups, floyd rose and a really thing neck... Plus uu can get a really nice clean tone from it so u shouldnt have problems with it...
for under 1000 you could get a dean ml dimebag darrell used those models and also used razorbacks but those go up to 3g i have a dean ml and its awsome works real good cost me 530 but there are also flying v's that are ubder 1000 wich are also nice they are pretty heavy metal guitars
What I really need is something that sounds good heavy but is also good for playing stuff like Nirvana and Green Day.
Check out Jackson Kelly KE3, it has to be one of my favorite 'mid-range' guitars. It comes with two Seymour Duncan humbuckers, double locking Floyd Rose (I know many hate those, I think it's great though), 24 frets, and beautiful finishes. It's a great machine for both shredding and rhythm, the neck is VERY comfortable and fast.
I play pretty much everything on mine, from blues to death metal, and it sounds decent all-around; though I guess it's mainly a 'metal' guitar.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by metalcowboy
Are there any other guitars under $1000 dollars that are good for metal and basically all other types of rock that any ony can think of?

schecter c-1 hellraiser and Schecter C-1 FR hellraiser(has Tremelo). Great Great Great guitars
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
schecter c-1 hellraiser and Schecter C-1 FR hellraiser(has Tremelo). Great Great Great guitars

i second that
for under $1000 Schecters are surely one of the best guitars!!!
Don't bother with any BC Rich unless it's at least an NJ series. The NJ Warlong (especially neckthru) is an excellent guitar all around.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I suggest looking at esp guitars. Anything from the 400 series up is killer.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by Comet
get a really valvular amp like a fender or so

You're an idiot.

And those BCs are crap.