Is there any descrepncies with the way the headstock is? It looks a little weak to me, ever had any problems?
if in that price range, i recommend the p44, the one with tap pull and piezo acoustic system. that one almost has all the features that parker fly deluxe has.
it's very good. i mean the clean just kicks ass if you want clean sound. also it has a piezo i think. this thing owns fender in the same price range.
Awesome guitars, a little out there for the average player though.

Craftsmanship is top notch.
how well can it handle distortion? I'm not talking about "crank all the knobs to 10" distortion, but I play a lot of punk, so the dirty sound is just as important as the clean.
well... get a p44 bro. its very versatile with a tap pull and a piezo. good for both clean and heavy distorted metal.
Thanks for your opinion, but I asked about the P-36, and you said you played it. How well does the P-36 handle moderate distortion?
to be honest, the p36 is just a clean sound guitar. it doesnt handle the heavy punk stuff as well as the p44 and the other p's that have humbucker. but this beast can definitely handle classic rock that is not very heavy. overall, the distorted sound on this guitar is great, but not very heavy.
To be honest, I'm trying to find a single coil guitar that I like, as I already have two guitars with humbuckers and I'd like one with single coils. I also don't like tremelo bridges. This is why I was looking at the p36.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
I would buy one if they:

a) wern't ugly
b) were made for metal

1: The guitar is not for looks but more for functionality. I personaly like the look of the guitar (but thats my opinon) and here are some facts about the deluxe I own.
The shape you do not favor allows Parker players to reach every fret, 5 lbs, so light weight durning a show you will never feel like you have to break or put it down, Easy to move around with because of it's light weight, and the way the body is shaped makes it ultra comfortable to play when sitting down.

2: This guitar is or can be a very heavy metal guitar.. The Parker guitar has quite a bit of tonal possibilities and in the deluxe version mixing with Piezo system is quite amazing. Personally I love the sound of guitar but I am a die hard EMG customer and every guitar I own is loaded with EMGS.. I am currently requesting a diagram from EMG for wiring of the Piezo system in conjunction with wiring with an active system.

Joe
"Nothing Plays Like A Parker"
Im not a Republican or anyhing but its a little too far to the left for me looks wise. I guess Im old fashioned with body shapes give me a strat or paul (or a Rhoads V if I ever get the spare$) Playability and weight of the Parker seem awesome though which is why I love my Ibanez S series now, very slim comfy mahogany body with thin Prestige wizard neck and a strat shape.
Quote by CustomCustom
Im not a Republican or anyhing but its a little too far to the left for me looks wise. I guess Im old fashioned with body shapes give me a strat or paul (or a Rhoads V if I ever get the spare$) Playability and weight of the Parker seem awesome though which is why I love my Ibanez S series now, very slim comfy mahogany body with thin Prestige wizard neck and a strat shape.

Hey man,
I just checked out the Ibanez S series... Those are some nice guitars. I own a Steve Vai Jem (white one) which is an incredible guitar... But still not compairable to the playability of a Parker.
This is for the idiot who says parkers arent heavy. ever heard of the fly mojo? its got a pair of duncans, JB and Jazz. i dont even have to name all of the ass kicking metal bands that use that exact set cuz everyone knows.

also i have noticed (with displeasure) that most of you on this thread have only mentioned the low end korean model parkers. i understand that these are the only ones that most wannabe punk ass 15 year olds (like the idiot mentioned above) can afford, but these crappy post corporate take over knock offs should not be used to represent parker guitars.

this thread is about "real" parker guitars right?

try to shed a little more light on the real models, like the mojo, deluxe, nightfly, artist...etc.

and dont say **** until you actually play one. then...you will know...
Quote by allusions
This is for the idiot who says parkers arent heavy. ever heard of the fly mojo? its got a pair of duncans, JB and Jazz. i dont even have to name all of the ass kicking metal bands that use that exact set cuz everyone knows.

also i have noticed (with displeasure) that most of you on this thread have only mentioned the low end korean model parkers. i understand that these are the only ones that most wannabe punk ass 15 year olds (like the idiot mentioned above) can afford, but these crappy post corporate take over knock offs should not be used to represent parker guitars.

this thread is about "real" parker guitars right?

try to shed a little more light on the real models, like the mojo, deluxe, nightfly, artist...etc.

and dont say **** until you actually play one. then...you will know...

Good evening,
As I do agree with you 100% I do not think we need to call people on this forum "idiots or punk ass" it's totally uncalled for. Instead of name calling, they are simply uneducated about the wonderful line of high end Parkers and I do not appreciated people making false statements about this work of art rather than picking one up and trying it out but people entitled to their own opinions which is strickly subjective. For someone like you a Parker may be one of the best heavy sounding metal guitar but for somonelse, like myself, who is used to EMG's, will notice that a Parker guitar DiMarzio pickup does have high output but not as much as an EMG....But I fixed that problem. I sent my DiMarzios to DiMarzio and had them reround and now the output is that of an EMG yet, it's a passive pickup system and also you don't loose that sweet lead tone you get from the pickups. The basswood in my deluxe makes the strings vibrate with life and some people don't realize (like some kids knocking Parkers) that wood, strings, craftsmanship, amps and settings will make EVERY guitar sound different and thus how can you call a guitar heavy if you are pluging into an amp with low gain? What gets me is that people are so uneducated about music, the instrument itself and just plain simple common sense. Most kids want to plug into an amp with a guitar and sound like Korn etc...If it dosen't sound like that when they plug in their guitars they classify it as "not heavy" Lets face it. Parkers are for real musicians who truly love music and value the craftsmanship of a real Parker Fly, not for some 15 year old kid wanting to play Korn, Slipknot etc... Some people couldn't even grasp the concept of how a Parker guitar is the most versatile guitar to ever be made and the amount of tonal possibilites possible. Bottom line......Nothing plays or sounds like a Parker......NOTHING!

Joe M
Last edited by joedc52 at Aug 25, 2006,
amen dude. thats a great idea by the way, having your dimarzios modded for higher output. to be honest i am surprised they would do that for you. and as for the name calling, i admit that i may have been out of line but it really irritates me when i hear people talking out of their ass like that.
I played a few, loved the light weight and the fret access, but I still can't get over the look of the guitar. The headstock is just bleh, and I'm not a big fan of the square horns.
Quote by joedc52
Nothing plays or sounds like a Parker......NOTHING!

Bah. Generalized Truisms seldom are (true that is).

I have a Parker Mojo Fly. It's a nice guitar. It has nice tone. It's nice and light.
But, overall I don't find it very exceptional. Probably, it's my least favorite guitar
out of all the ones I own. If I were to start selling some of mine, the Parker would
be about the first to go.

That's why anyone should always try a guitar before they buy one, because
someone else's opinion is almost NEVER the same as your own. (unless you
don't have a mind of your own, in which case this truism is false ).
Quote by edg
Bah. Generalized Truisms seldom are (true that is).

I have a Parker Mojo Fly. It's a nice guitar. It has nice tone. It's nice and light.
But, overall I don't find it very exceptional. Probably, it's my least favorite guitar
out of all the ones I own. If I were to start selling some of mine, the Parker would
be about the first to go.

That's why anyone should always try a guitar before they buy one, because
someone else's opinion is almost NEVER the same as your own. (unless you
don't have a mind of your own, in which case this truism is false ).

You make an excellent point....However the moto that says "nothing plays like a Parker...Nothing" is true for my own opinion....at least for me, I have owned every guitar under the sun infact I had 3 Yngwie Malmsteen sig. strats that I could of sworn were the best guitars I ever played...then came the Parker..Now with this I was open minded because of all the so called "hype" about this instrument. I have had custom USA Jacksons, Charvels (80's), Peavy Vandenburg, Gibson Gothic, SG, Les Paul, Kirk Hammit Vintage ESP..etc... I had alot of guitars and the reason I find a Parker expceptional is because of it's functionality and the dynamics of the guitar. It's something other than just a regular guitar. The Fly Mojo would not be my choice of a guitar and a Fly Artist, Deluxe (currently owned) do not play like the higher end Parkers... We can argue all over the net and forums about who makes the best guitars and why but it all comes down to own thing...Personal taste.......
Yes thank god, someone who agrees with me. I love parker guitars, best in the world. I own one. Also join my club if you feel the same way.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
YAY! Parkers! I've tried to recommend these to everyone but no one listens! I played my teachers Parker Custom Fly and it's the best guitar I've ever played! Slim Neck, comfortable, the fretboard is smooth and it's light weight! I recommend one to everyone (if you have the cash)
very comfy neck and great fret access you just have to make the leap to be different with the body styling
Quote by joedc52
You make an excellent point....However the moto that says "nothing plays like a Parker...Nothing" is true for my own opinion....at least for me, I have owned every guitar under the sun infact I had 3 Yngwie Malmsteen sig. strats that I could of sworn were the best guitars I ever played...then came the Parker..Now with this I was open minded because of all the so called "hype" about this instrument. I have had custom USA Jacksons, Charvels (80's), Peavy Vandenburg, Gibson Gothic, SG, Les Paul, Kirk Hammit Vintage ESP..etc... I had alot of guitars and the reason I find a Parker expceptional is because of it's functionality and the dynamics of the guitar. It's something other than just a regular guitar. The Fly Mojo would not be my choice of a guitar and a Fly Artist, Deluxe (currently owned) do not play like the higher end Parkers... We can argue all over the net and forums about who makes the best guitars and why but it all comes down to own thing...Personal taste.......

Hm, I thought the Mojo Fly was the highest end Parker at the time I bought it...

Well, out of all those guitars, I wouldn't be all that surprised that you might like
a Parker best. I don't consider any of that group to be all that great (of the
ones I've tried).

I've never really played a neck I simply didn't like.... until the Parker. I thought
I'd get used to it. To some extent I have, but it's the absolute LEAST comfortable
neck I've ever played on. Probably, I'll never really get used to it.

I'd say, depending on what you like, the Parker is not a stand out in much of any
way as compared with most of the general fare you'd find in the price range or
above from ESP, Jackson, Fender, Gibson, etc... But I've been fortunate to have
been spoled early on by a Gibson L5S. Both of my L5S's utterly outclass the Parker
as does my Gibson Super 400 CES. Those in turn are outclassed by my Alembics
(but not by much). None of those are instruments you'll generally run across,
but they really do exist in a whole nother guitar class.

Preference-wise I like my Phiga's, Strats and PRS more than the Parker. I'd say
those are all roughly in the same category and it just comes down to likes vs
dislikes at that point.

"Nothing plays like a Parker" is a bit over the top. It's a nice guitar, sure, but I'd
be really surprised if anyone who knew guitars tried any of my Gibsons
or Alembics vs my Parker came away preferring the Parker. I suppose its possible,
but I'd be very surprised.