i have an epi lp 100 and i cant decide if i want to keep it my main guitar and just up grade the pickups and the pots and maybe rewire to cut down on some hum...or just save up and get a new guitar and just keep this one to cutomize and a fun little project later on...any help would be great...im broke right now so this is just speaking in terms of when i get hte money to be able to do it...
Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q
Upgrading the pick-ups will help a ton. I have this guitar with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and sounds okay, but I didn't hesitate to replace it with a LP Studio. So I guess I changed the pick-ups and still kept this guitar on as a project.
the lesser known of the 4
I wouldn't bother. The guitar is made out of plywood. It won't be getting much better.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
yeah...thats what i was thinking...but i am thinking of just getting some liek GFS pickups for cheap and just figuring out how to wire it and everything myself, that way im not wasting much money and i heard GFS pickups arent that bad anyway...anyone got any ideas for choices of GFS pups thta would give me a nice bluesy/classic rock sound...thanks
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
dunlop 535q
^That's a good idea. Buy some new tuners, and a set of GFS pickups, that should run around 100 bucks. It would make a nice backup guitar.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ok...when i get the money to do this...im thinking about

these tuner...
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead/1/Grover_Mini_Rotomatics/Pictures.html#details

and can someone recomend a set of GFS pickups that would give me a good bluesy/classic rock sound

thanks

edit: was also thinking about dulling the finish with some steel wool...anyone know what # wool i would get and anyone know if this works or not...i have seeing fingerprints on my guitar and i figure this would help that
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
dunlop 535q
Last edited by TreeOfHalfLife at May 16, 2006,
It's made of a crappy wood upgrade first. But those aren't the right tuners. You need the non minis for a Les Paul. Go with regular rotomatics. YOu don't need locking for lack of trem.
i thought that the stock epi tuners had smaller holes so i would need mini tuners
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
dunlop 535q
Quote by Hovertruck
I wouldn't bother. The guitar is made out of plywood. It won't be getting much better.

But seriously, if you'd rather customise, then customise.
^He was trying to get a point across that it wasn't TRUE mahogany or TRUE alder. It's a pressed mix of the two.

Pickups: Vintage '59 Neck, Alnico Fat PAF bridge. Coil split both of these with push/pull pots which you can find on the Guitarfetish site.