howdy, i have an epiphone les paul custom and i was thinking about getting a gibson les paul standard this summer. I found one that i want and it is an original 1983 Gibson Les Paul Standard with a natural finish. I was wanting to know what would be the difference between these 2 guitars and could i tell the sound difference? Also if yall know of any good gibson les pauls that are worth the money then let me know.
You probably will deffinetly tell the sound difference, the Gibson quality is usually far superiour to Epiphone, esspecially in the LP Standards, I think the pickups may be different and the quality is a big step up.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
if its an original 1983 les paul then buy it now if you can get it cheap....its already worth alot of money and will be worth a ton eventually.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
a good quality epiphone can somtimes be far better then a gibson i have a epi les pual custom black and its better then a standared gibson in opinion!
Guys, don't be treating this like any other Gibby vs. Epi thread. This '83 original will PWN the shiz out of ANY epiphone, and ANY new gibson. They had GOOD QC back than. Get that guitar ASAP. Leaving it stock in good condition will just up the value.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Quote by dropin_biking
Guys, don't be treating this like any other Gibby vs. Epi thread. This '83 original will PWN the shiz out of ANY epiphone, and ANY new gibson. They had GOOD QC back than. Get that guitar ASAP. Leaving it stock in good condition will just up the value.

they have good QC now...so sick of the generalizations that are unbased.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals