Yeah i have a squier, and my friend told me that its better than normal squiers beacuse its made out of ash, the same in fenders (strats). So should i upgrade it? If so what should i go for?
^ Nope. they make $hit guitars.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
^ no, go to guitar center and make them bring out a bunch of them from the back and play all of them they all dont suck. I have a standard series one and i can compare it to a fender mim because of the professional set up did on it they are really good as long as you can find the right one and you get it set up
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
Strats are Alder.

depending what your budget is you may or ma not be better off upgrading the whole guitar or just the components.
They're alder, and many bodies are actually decent

STOP JUMPING ON THE DAMN BANDWAGON!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Squire Affinitys are actually made of Alder and I have one that sounds absolutely magnificent. Its neck is really quite something. Sure you have to go to the guitar store and try out a few but its worth it in the money you save!
Yeah, strats are usually alder, but there seem to be the occasional basswood bodied guitars.
And btw, Fender uses alder too, they used to use swamp ash in the 50s.
Quote by 928GTS
Squire Affinitys are actually made of Alder and I have one that sounds absolutely magnificent. Its neck is really quite something. Sure you have to go to the guitar store and try out a few but its worth it in the money you save!

Word! I love those Squier necks, they're faster than the Fenders, alot narrower and thinner...good stuff! If you get a nice Squier neck, keep it!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ya really some squiers are good for a cheap guitar
My Gear
Fender Jagstang
Squier Strat
Crate 120w 212XR
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender DG-100 Aucoustic