I have an amp that I can't seem to find much of anything about.

It is an HH vaccum tube amplifier and it was made some time in the 60's or 70's, and as much as I figured out, the company went defunct in the 80's, early 80's. Ill upload a pic as soon as I finish dinner .

If you have ever heard of these amps I'd like to hear about it.

Here she is, beside my RGT

And yes, that is a Video Games Live poster, signed by Martin O' Donnel.
Last edited by Dudage at May 15, 2006,
I assure you that it is a guitar amp. I just dont know anything about the company, like the founder, or why they bottomed out. Apperently the last year they were in business was 1980. The amp was made in Cambrige, England. Says so on the back, in 1969.
Is the tone good?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Yeah, its a really old amp, so the sound is like a vintage tube kinda sound. Really warm cleans. It has no integrated overdrive, but you can distort the tubes if the mother is cranked. I have an ME-50 for all my distortions, though. Nice amp, just wish i knew something about it.
**Wants it**
I'm not funny, nor smart enough to have a funny or smart sig...
Looks nice man. Where would one like you happen to get such a nice amp like that...
My old band used to use one of the crappy bass stack models when we could steal it from our mates band. They're alright, not a classic or anything, but they're decent amps.
how can you assure me it's a guitar amp? some bass amps happen to sound fine with guitar
-Mike
Quote by HopePoisoned
how can you assure me it's a guitar amp? some bass amps happen to sound fine with guitar

Because I've tried it with a bass and it sounds like crap. Not enough bass reflex for a bass guitar. Sounds sweet with the ibanez though.
I'll buy it off of you.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
I'll buy it off of you.

it must be worth somthing
I'm not funny, nor smart enough to have a funny or smart sig...
Instead of using the Boss you should be using a nice boost pedal in front of it intstead, since using the boss unit sort of defeats the purpose of it being a tube amp.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
the Boss was more of a "Wow, its on sale!" kinda buy than a "This will colaborate perfectly with my ancient amp" kinda buy. I like it. And individual pedals are too expensive for the time being. Thanks for the advide though.
How much would you take it for, I want it. Could you make soundclips or something to get a idea of the sound?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
I dont know if i want to sell it. But seeing as there's a couple people interested, and i need a bigger one, ill look into it. I have no sound recording software or mic, so i cant post a clip any time soon. If I WAS to sell it, it would be for around $500/600 USD, As it is very very old. I could borrow a friends mic kit I guess...

PM me if you are seriously interested. That goes for anyone.
What's the wattage?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
60 watts, vaccum tube, spring reverb

Very basic controls:
Master Volume, Gain, Treb, bass, Mid, Reverb.

One 12" HH speaker. Has been professionally re-wired once, just after i got it.
Sounds sweet, I wish I had it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky