http://www.mahtec.biz/phatgfx/165/Guitar_Stuff/new%20blues%20rock%20song.gp5

Its not finished yet, I want to write in a breakdown after the 2nd chorus, I could just do with opinions on how its going at the moment - I had real trouble trying to get from the verse to the chorus and vice versa, so it might sound a bit sketchy

Any comments are welcome - I can put the tab up in PDF if you haven't got GP and the midi too.

Thanks peoples

EDIT - fixed the link - sorry bout that!
My Gear:
Vintage Metal Axxe Razer
Shine Orange thing
Westfield Strat Copy
Self Built Mahogany Thing
Collins CD28CENT Electro Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix 30 Watt
Roland Cube 60
EHX Big Muff
Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Jim Dunlop 0.7mm Picks
Last edited by Dammit Missed T at May 16, 2006,
umm...i liked the intro riff on the lead alot but the pre -chorus and chorus power chords were just a whole lotta noiseand the chords didn't quite match too
and i think you didn't want it to sound repetitive so you did'nt use the intro riff as much but if you could cut out some of the chorus and pre-chorus riffs and add the intro riff there then it would be kool.
crit mine: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357612
You should make the Acoustic a lot louder. Make it stand out more 'cause it's better than the Distorted guitar. A lead line over the chorus should be there as well, to liven it up. Make the verses more interesting too, get some bluesy licks in there.

Sounds pretty good so far, just a little shaking up and it'll make a damn good song. Nice work.

Crit mine if you could be ever so kind. 'Tis in my sig
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You should make the Acoustic a lot louder. Make it stand out more 'cause it's better than the Distorted guitar. A lead line over the chorus should be there as well, to liven it up.

I definately agree. The distorted guitar sounds a bit weak compared to the accoustic melody. You should make the accoustic louder and the main focus of the song, otherwise you're going to have to re-structure it. Anyway keep working on it, I like it so far.

Please crit the song in my sig!
Thanks.
I liked your beginning riff as well, but I too think you need to put more acoustic guitar into the song. However, your chords and melodies with the distorted guitar werent too too shabby, so overall to give it a grade, id give it a solid B. Which is good. But it was an awkward feeling when the acoustic played and then disappeared.

Just another note, maybe change up the distorted guitar during verse 2 and chorus 2, to make it sound different than verse 1 and chorus 1.

Crit mine please? They're in my signature.