I cant seem to get off of the same rythms as my other songs that I write. Everytime I try to switch it up, it goes back to what Ive already done. The same thing goes for applying a melody for the lyrics. Help! getting angry
So thats the second time I got crabs.
try tapping out some other rhythms
start with 4 measures, and just write a rhythm down, no melody
and tap it out
that helped me when i had that problem, i never get it anymore

edit: yes also new time sig, 3/4 instead of 4/4, 2/4, those basic ones
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
yeah, it's all about switching the time signature... use multiple ones in a song too... i had the same problem as well, but i just worked at it until i got it... that's all you can really do...
hell, you can even make up a time signature... like... 11/4.... haha... i have no idea how that would sound, could be cool though...
Quote by cap'nkirk
yeah, it's all about switching the time signature... use multiple ones in a song too... i had the same problem as well, but i just worked at it until i got it... that's all you can really do...
hell, you can even make up a time signature... like... 11/4.... haha... i have no idea how that would sound, could be cool though...

11/4 is really fun but alot of it depends on how your drummer counts it (feels it). Really cool to go from 5/4 to 11/4
do you know rhythm notation? if you do, write out a rhythm without playing it, as random as possible. then play it as just one chord. add or subtract notes as you see fit, but try to stick to your original idea if you can. this produces odd results at times, but can work well.