Page 1 of 2
im just wonderin what you guys/girls think about him. I myself love him. Even though a lot of people that dont know anything about music like him. I just think that he has almost mastered his skills on guitar and he never runs out of creative licks.
-<$>- sPiNdLe FiNgErS -<$>-
He's an awesome musician, although I do have to agree, some of his stuff is kinda samey.

I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert over last summer, just as great as the albums.
So Stay With Me To Guide This Dream
Before They Bury Me
I'll Be Waiting Up All Night For You
With A Nightmare That Was Made For Me

-Who Watches The Watchmen?
The Prize Fighter Inferno
Jack Johnson is too emo for me
Is that you, John Wayne?..Is this me?
My girlfriend absolutely loves him. I think he is boring and lacks emotion, but I don't tell her that.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
My girlfriend absolutely loves him. I think he is boring and lacks emotion, but I don't tell her that.

Wait I thought you were a chick?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Jack is the man. I seen him live in Reno this past summer and he was Awsome! I heard a few people say a lot of his stuff sounds the same but I gotta TOTALLY DISAGREE!!. he has his style but so do most players, for instance slash you can tell a slash lick in 5 seconds (DONT GET ME WRONG SLASH RULES!) but Jacks music is like an island in a sea of monotony. he is an awsome writer with lyrics that range from philosophical to whimsical (Bubble Toes) there is not a single Jack Johnson song that I dont like! those of you that have not had a chance to give Jack a listen are really missing out. ohh and to really hear the extent of his style listen to Brushfire Fairytales. and some of his older stuff.

So like the best thing I could say I guess would be I hate him.

It totally goes against my 'you can't hate music' thing but...well, whatever.

I don't know, it just..bores me.

At least my teacher like him, so I guess that counts for something.

*Bland*?
R.RHOADS IS GOD wrote:

WELL IF U MEAN BY B OPEN MINDED LIKEING SHIT .....NO THANK YOU
I like him and some of his songs
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
I like him. I find him to be a pretty good songwriter, even though his music is a little weak a lot of the time. A lot of his songs are definitely samey, though.
depressing?? uau that must be the weirdest and most wrong way to describe his music... I liked his first single, sitting waiting i think. heard the track of the curious george ost and it was blaaaand. his live act seamed pretty uninteresting to me (i've heard people say he's amazing live just cause he's so simple.)
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
it wasnt his first single,

he's had at least 2 albums out before that.
i LOVE jack johnson, or as my friends and i call him, jackie john, hes got the whole island thing going on which i love, and his lyrics are amazing, they have really distinct points and if you listen to the words you cant help but agree with him
Quote by j0nmcc
it wasnt his first single,

he's had at least 2 albums out before that.

yeah i guess.. but that's the first song i've heard and the one that made him famous :| damn stupid reporters calling it debut album.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
yeah i guess.. but that's the first song i've heard and the one that made him famous :| damn stupid reporters calling it debut album.

I hate it when they do that, they do it all the time with bands.

Grrrr
I really enjoy his music simply becuase it's easy listening.

I dont know if you people have heard this track, but listen to "Rodeo Clowns" by G.Love & Special Sauce. It features Jack Johnson and I really enjoy the way they both mix their styles into that song.
'it's all understood' is a good song by him. it was on his first album, the only really tolerable album of his, and the song kicks arse. seriously.
Last edited by chrus at May 23, 2006,
"CUPID"
Short and sweet!!!

Does anyone know if there's any news about him releasing a new album anytime soon?
I mean, "sing-alongs & lullabies" ain't exactly what you'd call a "Jack Johnson" album, though it's got it's few good songs.
There's always another side to the story!
My science teacher loves him, so everyday before school she would have him playing on her radio in her room...I'm quite annoyed by now. But hey, he is pretty good
Quote by pumpkins_rule

yeah, she is.

And, Jack Johnson?

I dunno, he's just so meh and nothing new and so... yellow.
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
Quote by pumpkins_rule

Somebody's a bit slow.

Jack Johnson's fine for background music, but that's about it really for me.
He's not horrible, or even that bad but...I see a steady decline in the works...
1st Curious George
now a single on the radio with the black eyed peas? If i was a big fan of his, I probably would have hurled.
Yeah I think hes pretty cool, nice easy listening.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by AssortedLunatic
the the hell dude?

the the what dude?

it was a joke by the way, the truth is jack johnson is too much of a who.re for me
i find him really relaxing and easy to listen to so i dont mind his music at all, i just cant say that i would listen to it on a daily basis though...
Quote by I Hate Music
He has some pretty good songs, a lot of it sounds the same after awhile though.

yeah.
and hes overrated.
Resurrection time;

Jack Johnson is currently my favorite artist and has been for about 2 months. Flake, Taylor, and Broken are my top 3. I listen to him about 4 hours a day on average and haven't gotten tired of any of it.
Page 1 of 2