Hi all. I need help picking a middle pickup for a fender stratocaster H/S/S. I was thinking of having a Swineshead Warthog in the bridge and and Swineshead Spotlight in the neck position. However, I don't know what I should put in the middle. I looked at the spotlight and pyro but don't want either of those. The pyro seemed too high output and the spotlight was too low output. I was thinking of getting something between 14k and 6k DC resistance (bridge:neck), somewhere in the 8 to 9k range. I want the neck to be great for blues rock when used with the neck pup and great for hard rock when used with the bridge. Artists and Bands I like include SRV, Deep Purple, Led Zep, and others. My budget is under $100 for this middle single coil pickup. Thanks. -K
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
ah. yeah, with SH, you only have vintage and hot for the singles, lol.

fender texas special?

www.sdpickups.com ask for a custom (unsure about the price, though)

www.highorderpickups.com again, ask for a custom

www.wolfetone.com - they're bound to have a model that'll fit those specs...

www.crcoils.com might be over budget

www.lollarguitars.com again, might be over budget. You might as well check.

I haven't tried any of these, lol. Just throwing out suggetions.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kanamvar32
Artists and Bands I like include SRV, Deep Purple, Led Zep, and others. My budget is under $100 for this middle single coil pickup. Thanks. -K

Out of those, Ritchie Blackmore took out his middle pickup. Jimmy PAge was more known for Les Pauls but his Telecaster didn't have a middle pickup either. It does come heavily into play for SRV though