Does anyone know what amp will give me a good Chuck Berry tone for under $1000? I don't exclusivly play his music, but i love his guitar tone. All help is greatly appreciated.

Note: Don't know if it will give me a good reproduction (haven't got a chance to play on one yet) but i am leaning heavily towards a blues deluxe reissue, does anyone know if this amp would be well suited to that style?
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Sounds like about the right amp...back in the days the tweed Fender was king. An overdrive pedal might help a bit too.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
thanks
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
yeah. you basically want something with a pretty good clean channel that'll overdrive when you start to turn it up.

You might want to look at some traynors too (ycv40/50). I haven't tried them, but they might get a similar tone for a bit cheaper. They're canadian.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i think i saw chuck berry playing through an old marshall plexi with his semi hollow of course i think thats the key to his sound, so maybe an old jcm 800 combo, and a semi hollow of sorts
Quote by Dave_Mc

You might want to look at some traynors too (ycv40/50). I haven't tried them, but they might get a similar tone for a bit cheaper. They're canadian.

So am I. They are amazing, eh.