ok. yesi know what your thinking. get the cube.
i already have the cube, but i am hiring it, you the hire for six months and if you buy it after six months the rental fee you payed goes toward paying it bull****. i did that.

i have noticed that lately my cube sound....well really solid state. it annoys me to be quite honest. i find the tone abit bland and lifeless.
ibanez has a 5 watt tube amp. i realised the other day that for the price of the amp my cube i could get a ibanez tube amp, and either a tube screamer or some hot pickups. well one pickup any way.
i mostly play modern metal and hard rock. hence me wanting a tube screamer. from my understanding this amp is more metal based?
i have a few questions then.

would a tube screamer/hot pickup make this amp more suitable for modern metal?

what amp does this most sound like?

how loud is 5 watts tube?

keep in mind that i have my old ten watter that i can convert to an extension cab (if the ohms dont match i'll buy a new speaker).

I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I've tried one (Valbee) briefly, and I was very impressed. It's got great gain, good cleans, and a strong EQ- something I like a lot, you may not care about. 5 watts tube is loud enough, man. You can't really gig with it, but it's definitely loud. It's modern/metal voiced, and I don't know if it has a cab output, didn't check.

Anyway, that's my new budget amp recommendation for everyone. So yeah, Joel, go check it out!
I haven't tried the valbee, and I've only tried the microcube, but my basic suggestion would be: if you want one good tone (at a time), go with the valbee. If you want lots of decent, but a little solid state sounding, tones, go with the cube.

You sound like you want the valbee...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Ratio of Tube to SS is 2.5 Watts. So 1 watt Tube is 2.5 Watts SS. Its a good bedroom amp but its no good for giging
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
say I played metal at just house volume like practicing, how good is the valbee say for stuff like killswitch or as I lay dying type nu metal/ metal core stuff? it looks really cool and is a decent price?
Look i Dont know, ive heard its got good gain but to tell you the truth, you have to go try it
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
yeah i dont need it for gigging. at all. all the gig where i live use their own amps and i know a guy with a dsl he'd lend me so i'm set for gigs, can someone please answer d_byrnes question
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
DUde, yur avvy sucjsks or is that you ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^you drunk again aren't you. chap.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I get wasted all the timezorz
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!