I want buy a new amp but I dont have much knowledge neither companies here.

Tone: SLASH(Primary tone), Dave Gilmour, Sugar ray, Bryan Adams(Summer of '69)
Price Range: $145
Wattage: Anything decent for band & personal practice.

The problem in my city is that I dont have many companies and models. I have seen a few Marshalls, Fender, Laney, Roland and a few local amps.

I have read few reviews of Laney Amps in my price range but didnt find the review very helpful.

Pleaase help.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
save up your money. you'll be much happier.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
not for that price. ^go sit in the coner and think about what you've done. fool.
you wont really get anything good for that price.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
every body's taking my corner thing...

but yeah man, just keep saving for now. $145 will get you a pack of gum in the guitar world.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
yep the only marshalls you will get for that price are the mg's and we all now how crushing that distortion is. for that price you just gotta save like joel said
Quote by gpderek09
$145 will get you a pack of gum in the guitar world.

that'd wanna be an awesome pack of gum.........
every one steals your quotes because your quotes rock. be proud. immitation ismy highest form of praise.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
C'mon wud u say none of the Laney's are good?

See I have played acoustic guitar for 3 and half years. And now Im finally getting to go electric. Now i'll buy the amp, then soon im buying a electric guitar.

So would you say NOTHING is good in that price?????????
Quote by hendo123456789
nope. everything sucks. save up. you will be happier.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yeah 145 for a guitar amp? not unless your buying used from a tard. Save for Valveronix or a cube maybe.
If you save up you could get the Vox AD15VT for about $180 or the AD30VT for $240. I would save up for at least the 30 though. You could also check out the Roland Cube 30 for about $225. That is only better than the Vox for metal type stuff. I think the Valvetronix series would work perfect for you.
Buddy if u read up my first post you will realize that I dont have many companies down here. Im not sure if vox is available here. And no website delivers in India(Atleast as of what I know). I could save up and go for VOX AD15VT. But some shop down here should have it to sell it to me!!!

I had spoken to Dave_Mc much earlier on the same topic. He said I could also got for Roland Micro Cube.
Quote by hendo123456789
OK I finally found the VOX AD15VT. Its for $300 here. Pretty expensive. Dave_Mc says that Micro Cube is amazing for self practise. But between the two which wud u guys rate higher?

Also u guys said MG's hav crappy distortions. It is good for cleans? How about i buy it for only cleans, and use pedals thru them?
Quote by hendo123456789
Roland Micro Cube For 160
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Is used equipment an option for you?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yea......

Wudnt a Roland cube 15 be better than micro cube?
Quote by hendo123456789
Last edited by invincibleneo at May 29, 2006,
Ok wht abt the MG's question?

Are they good for clean tones? How about If i buy them for clean tones only coz ill be using a pedal through them!!?
Quote by hendo123456789
They're lifeless and boring sounding, don't bother with them.

If you only want an amp for cleans, you could get a Vox Valvetronix, they've got nice cleans, and loooooads more options too.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yea think im gonna lock on tht. Everyone's recommending tht. Thanx a million everyone.
Quote by hendo123456789
No problem, make sure you try before you buy!
Don't be afraid to care"