Hello

I own an Ibanez RG1570 and as an amp, an ENGL Thunder tubeamp which is freaking awesome btw. Im pretty happy with my distorted tone, especially when playing rock/metal rhythm but my lead and clean could be a little better. I was wondering if new pick ups might be the way to go. Right now im using the stock RG1570 pick ups, them being the V7 S1 and V8. Ive read reviews and they dont seem to be all that bad. So im wondering if new pups would greatly improve my tone or not.

And if they would, which would you reccomend? I play nearly every genre out there. From reaggae/ska to death metal, i play everything. But as I already said, its the leads and cleans that need improvement. I want the leads to sound fuller and the cleans....well im really not happy with the cleans at all, especially when it comes to a fingerpicking song. Notes tend to drown each other out in a wierd way.

Anyways, any reccomendations?
Im not familiar with p/u prices but lets just say i my budget is limitless for now.
BAREKNUCKLES...........................yeah get a calibrated nail bomb set. i hear they are suprisingly versatile. and clean up well in the neck
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeh the nailbomb has acoustic like cleans from the clips i heard and can handle distortion fucking well.
Its very hard to get a hold of the Nailbomb where I live... and I actually find a it too expensive as well. Im gonna set the budget at around 100? per pick up!
well you did say the budget was limitless. since you reduced your budget go take a look at some swineshead pickups
I'll suggest a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck, a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge, and a Fender '50s in the middle.
Mmm... I like Danno's suggestion. Also check out Dimarzio Air Norton Neck, Fender 50's middle, and Dimarzio Tone Zone in bridge.

Honestly you aren't tapping the full potential of that guitar as Ibanez pickups sound extremely flat and lifeless.
i second the swineys. probably a warthog bridge, runaway or condor neck, and spotlight middle.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New pickups are always a good thing. Now is it necessary to replace them? I think probably not unless you're really unhappy with their tone.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Go for the Air Norton & Tone Zone combo.. Thats most probably what ill b doing with my 1570 once i get the things that are more prominent om my wishlist . Or the X2N in the bridge if u want more gain...