so i learned the major and minor scales.. they might not be down 100% perfect yet, but i would like to know if anyone can recommend some scales i could learn after that? i got the minor and major for all the notes abcdefg :P and i know all the positiones to play it so i know it all over the fretboard.. all the modes i belive its called?

so yeah, anyone know some cool sounding scales i can put in my arsenal?
something else than that? the blues scales are pretty simular to the minor.. i got them all tabbed out on my pc, so i will definitly learn them. what else?
All the modes are cool. Dorian, aeolian and phrygian is my favorites. Try them!

oops didn't see it was already suggested Try the harmonic minor scale
Last edited by JohnnySlash at May 16, 2006,
Yeah mainly work on the modes that helps alot if you really want to learn a new scale the there is the Pentatonic Maj n Minor but i'm guessing you know them
What about the Harmonic Minor?
Equipment
Gibson - Les Paul Junior
Fender - Jagstang
Squier - Tom Delonge
Cort - Katana
Peavy - Vintage Electro-Acoustic
Marshall - MG100DFX

--> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> ...
now im a bit confused..
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?scch=A&scchnam=Major&get2=Get
thats what i use to find the scales im going to learn..
A major and A ionian are exactly the same :S
also, the aeolian mode, isent that the same as the minor scale or what?
and the G major and the G Dorian, whats the real difference.. is it just some different notes, but both is a G major scale? :S
What you should do is get a copy of guitar pro (Version 3.0 and up) and go through the scales that are in there. tells you were all the notes are and what notes they are.
Quote by Karky
now im a bit confused..
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?scch=A&scchnam=Major&get2=Get
thats what i use to find the scales im going to learn..
A major and A ionian are exactly the same :S
also, the aeolian mode, isent that the same as the minor scale or what?
and the G major and the G Dorian, whats the real difference.. is it just some different notes, but both is a G major scale? :S

G Dorian is just a different mode of G Major I think ( I dont know a lot about theory )
yeah i know that.. what exactly is a mode? i mean.. it cant be the same notes as the G major since its played differently..
Search the forums. There are some great responses in other threads. And G Dorian is the 2nd mode of.. A, I believe. But as said, search the forum :P
learn the modes, i would recommend a book by mel bay, i had one that i read over and over, it has tons of great scales, all sorts. then learn scale construction so you can make yer own!