Slipknot and Distrubed are 6 string, and KoRn is 7 string. so get the 7 string and get used to it. From what I hear its a bit confusing at frist when learning with 7.
Agree with the RG321MH, 7 strings or not, the wood matters the most. As your genre is heavy metal and death metal, mahogany works best coz it has the dark bassy quality of sounding, rather than middy basswood thats great for shredding.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
and the fact that if you install actives they would sound better in mahogany rather than the basswood
well out of the bands you listed you only had one band that used a 7 string and unless you plan on experimenting alot it probably wont be worth it
You can still droptune using 6-string and it'll be really stable, so no worries about not having the B-string access on the 7 string.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
About that not playing metal thing.. its not like I like any of those bands much but I listen to metal.

I mostly enjoy scandinavian (power, folk, death,symphonic) metal but a bit of other stuff too.
The problem I find is that many people ask for a metal tone and someone will sugest something that was "metal" in the 80's, a really old school sound. What alot of people want these days isnt the old skool sound but a nice thicker darker tone for metal.
Alot of that is gained from down tuning, but an amp that is very bright for playing say, slipknot, wont sound to good, but its great for thrash or metallica.

Just a though for next time someone tells you that x or y has the ULTIMATE metal tone, mr.poster. it could quite well be very different to what you expect metal tone to be.

And your musical influence doesnt seem to be very varied.. but thats besides the point. You can play slipknot stuff on a seven string alright i geuss (my plauge is in drop A, so close), and disturbed you'll have to leave out teh seventh string and play like a 6 string.
plan a road trip with your band or something...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i want to but i dont know if i do

which is a better buy i could always skip the extra string if i want to and i could always use it asa 6 string
if it was a 6 string which would be better

wich one would sound better with emgs
if looks are cool well then get a wangcaster. the 6 string would serve you fine and how many songs are you gonna write that requires and extra string
lol seven string look kool? The only way you can if its a seven string is by its low sound, or if you look upclose and count the tuning pegs on the headstock....

I think they dont look kool, except that their a tool.... (only one i like is the universe it looks sexy but it can be done on 6... looking kool is just plain weird to say to a guitar just because it has a 7th string on it)
definetly get the 6 string first. then get the 7 string later. but whatever you do, change the pickups.