What kind of pickups would be good for a Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, sound. And I've never changed one before is it hard? Thanks
My Gear
Fender Jagstang
Squier Strat
Crate 120w 212XR
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender DG-100 Aucoustic
what amp and guitar do you have? what's your budget? can you solder?

EDIT: crap just noticed your sig too...

I have no idea about grunge pickups, lol, i just wanted to get the info so the others could help. I'd assume you want something quite hot, but not mega-high output. the JB might be too trebly, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Edit : Didnt read your sig, duh. Go with a hotrail in the bridge

What kind of guitar do you have?? If you can, humbuckers will be more versitile for those bands. Seymour duncan JB is a good pickup, as well as any Gibson Burstbucker model.
Chunckier, heavier tones is what your after with leads that cut through.
If you have single coil config, go for a hotrail in the bridge position.
I have one in my strat and its nice.

Oh yeah, get a shop to install it
25 - 30 bucks.
Last edited by demea at May 16, 2006,
A pearly gates would also do well, and if you can solder decently, it's very simple.