Most likely your guitar just needs a setup. It's probably the truss rod that needs adjustment. As weather / seasons change, so do temperature and humidity. Unless you keep your guitar in a climate-controlled area, then this change will have an effect on your guitar's neck. This is quite normal.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
u have a couple of high frets, and like said, sounds like a truss rod adjustment can help.

the problem is, an adjustment will help ur overall action. but ull always be a little high if u have a couple of high frets.

if u want to measure the neck angle and do an adjustment, then repost.

if ud rather just bring it in for adjustment, and possible fretwork, then off u go.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I don't think he has high frets. It's possible, but to me, it sounds like it's just a truss rod issue. Obviously, I can't say for sure since I don't have the guitar in hand...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

two of the frets are higher than the others, if its two specific spots that buzz and no other spots.
are they so high that a truss rod adjustment wont help? i doubt it. i think he needs an adjustment too.

but are they probabaly going to effect overall height? most likely.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

hmmm...thanks guys...the thing is the buzzing was worse (was happening on the E and A strings at different places aswell) but highering the action fixed most of it which i was quite happy to do.

also the frets looked normal as i suspected that this might be the case and so i think it might be the truss rod problem thing bearing in mind that the guitar is nearly 3yrs old and ive never asjusted it before and what the guy sed about seasonal change as it has just got quite hot here perhaps.

anyway i would like to try the adjustment so some advice would be greatly appreciated...
If you didn't have the buzz problem before and it's there now, it's the truss rod for sure. I know I just had to adjust all 5 of my guitars last week because of the seasonal change. They started buzzing at random places all over the fretboard. I do it twice a year.

Quote by Crunchmeister
If you didn't have the buzz problem before and it's there now, it's the truss rod for sure. I know I just had to adjust all 5 of my guitars last week because of the seasonal change. They started buzzing at random places all over the fretboard. I do it twice a year.

yeh i think that might have happened cos my guitar is under a window and its just got sunny here in merry old birmingham.

edit: i just am not sure how you do it and don't wanna rush and do something stupid!
fret the first fret LOW E, at the same time,
fret the 17th fret LOW E, where the neck meets the body.

with both places held, look at the 7-8th fret area.

if the strings lay on the fretwire there, then u dont have enough gap.

if the strings are more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, u have too much gap.

check and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

even if u loosen it a 1/8" turn. and are able to clear those stray frets, ur action wont be "great." but maybe we can work on that a bit after.

keeping that in mind, u can do with a 1/8" turn COUNTER CLOCKWISE turn.
to bend that neck forward a little.

u detune a bit, turn the truss nut that very small amount, and then leave it alone for at least an hour. then remeasure.

thats how much and the direction. u need to get a multi allen key tool from a hardware store. they come in metric and inch sizes too, so ull have to check both versions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at May 27, 2006,
because u said its already high, and technically what ur doing is moving the board farther from the strings in the middle area of the guitar.

what im hoping, is that curving the board will enable u to then lower the action.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Crunchmeister

Hows that Agile 3000 compared to your LP Studio? Great Walk cover btw nice tone, that the Genz Benz?
Last edited by CustomCustom at May 27, 2006,
Quote by jj1565
even if u loosen it a 1/8" turn. and are able to clear those stray frets, ur action wont be "great." but maybe we can work on that a bit after.

keeping that in mind, u can do with a 1/8" turn COUNTER CLOCKWISE turn.
to bend that neck forward a little.

u detune a bit, turn the truss nut that very small amount, and then leave it alone for at least an hour. then remeasure.

thats how much and the direction. u need to get a multi allen key tool from a hardware store. they come in metric and inch sizes too, so ull have to check both versions.

to know how much ur turning it, just remember its a VERY SMALL turn. and u can always draw a line at the starting point with a shapre marker, just to get an idea of how far uve gone.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62