Hi, i just recorded this song. It has full guitar, bass, drums and vocals. Crit this and ill crit yours. Thanks.

Click Here
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
guitar, bass, and drums were nice. vocal wasn't anything special and was too low in the mix. no guitar solo and no vocal interlude during the bass solo/riff <---- these 2 parts are the best part of the entire song!!!!

seems to me like you still have more work to do!
No work for me to do, my band is a live band, and i have a lead guitarist, so thats his job to do the solo!!! Thanks for the crits though!

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
hey man the drums are mixed in amazing how did you do that? the vox were a bit too quiet and the "hey!'s" werent there (at least that i could hear).....but the music was real great maybe just do the vox louder next time...if you did everything in one take all together it came out real well...i cant get over how well those drums are mixed in haha....anyways
crit me?
thanks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359968
Lol, the "heys" were there, they just didnt come out in the mix. Yeah, its one live take. The drums are one of my little secrets........a backing track, lol!

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Didn't really like your guitar tone but the rest was pretty tight... you used way too much distortion.

Don't think you've really listened to the original too much... you took a fill from the end of the song and put it in the beginning.

During the bass solo part you also messed up the guitar part... this is the chord progression for the bridge

F5 G#5 C#5 A#5 D#5 C5

Second time:

F5 G#5 D#5 C5 F5 (play at 8th fret)

Hope I could be of help
Last edited by SuperSnake2012 at May 17, 2006,
Guitar was alright. However, after the intro where you go into the second riff (Verse riff) you should get a 2nd guitarist, or just add some chorus. Vocals didn't do anything for me, however.