Hi, So im looking to buy a new amp, but I dont know which one is better.

I can get both amps for £119. But if needed, I have a budget of about £200.
If the Roland Cube 30 is too small, I can also get the Roland Cube 60 for a little bit more.

I play Metallica, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, some lighter stuff as well, like Foo Fighters, Chilis and Pixies.
I have an Vintage Axxe Wraith, and I want this amp to be loud enough for when my band practise, and when we do small gigs.

Can anyone help, I'd appreciate comments, and I dont mind if other amps are recommended.

Ta.
The Marshall is one of the worst amps you can get (especially considering the price); stay away from it.
iv e used both amps for practice and there pretty much similar in quality in both build and sound, personall i preferred the marshall, but both are pretty much for rehersing or bedroom practice for gigs id go with a larger marshall though the maybe 50 watts.
get a Cube 60. Excellent amp. if you dont want to spend as much go for the Cube 30 im sure its just as good. Marshalls MG series has a lot of **** said about it and no-one really likes it but i think there ok amps. not as good as the Cubes though
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
The marshall is terrible wish i hadnt bought mine. do urself a favour and save up for a 150w line6 spider 212, bout £300, best amp u can get for the money in my opinion, just stay away from the 15 and 30 watt ones.
MG quality isnt there either. cubes last forever.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Mm. Cube 60 if you can afford it, but the 30 is good too.

Unlike the MG, which, honestly, sounds like a kazoo.
Thanks for the advice, I think i might go for the Cube 60.

Acidity and Danno13, you both made me laugh. Lol
uto, i see a vote for "funniest user."

TS the cube 60 is also really nice because its got a speaker out plug.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok you are asking which of the following amps you should get:

the crappiest solid state amp, or the best. what do you think? definately the cube 30 but go for the 60 if you can.
Vox
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Roland is also more suited to your music. My friend loves heavy metal and he was bragging how good the MG is. I brought in and showed him the cube and he walked away in shame. He is currently selling his amp. lol
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
cube, i had to try a guitar threw a mg30dfx and that was one horrible amp
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name