Hey again

I recently did a thread about a ibanez rg 1570 which i'm soon to purchase.
But now i also need a new amp, since my old one won't cut it. (Kustom 65w, not tube)

The only real 'demand' i've got is that, as the title hints, it must be a tube amp. Brands don't really bother me alot, the only thing that matters is that it should sound good.

Also it's mainly a practice amp, but it would be nice if i could take it to some smaller, medium gigs'

thanks
Guessing since it's an RG1570 that you're playing rock/metal/shred but could you please tell us which one?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
What style do you play predominantly? That, as well as your budget, will dictate the amp to get.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
ops i missed out on those points, sorry :P

@Cody: Actually i'll play em' all. I'm learning a bit shred as we speak, otherwise it's bands like Metallica, COB, Maiden etc.

@Crunch: As for the budget.. I'd prefer for it not to be TOO expensive.. I'm not sure about dollars atm ( i'm from sweden ) Maybe around ~600ish$ ?
Well Peavey XXX/5150 might be something to look into I've played/owned both and they are amazing amps for the young up and coming metal master
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
Well Peavey XXX/5150 might be something to look into I've played/owned both and they are amazing amps for the young up and coming metal master

thanks for the tip, i'll have a look
I had a 5150 combo for a year and a half and I loved it. I still do and would love to still own it. I just couldn't haul that heavy-ass 90 lb monster up and down stairs by myself to get to and from band practice. Almost wiped out in the stairs with it a few times. That's the reason I traded amps. Otherwise, the 5150 is ALL ****ing metal.

The only down side is the cleans are rather sterile and underwhelming. A chorus pedal in front of the amp does help bring out the cleans considerably though.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Last edited by Crunchmeister at May 16, 2006,
Just keep in mind the size / weight thing though. It's a bitch to move around. I should add that I'm not some small weakling here either. 90 lbs is heavy, but manageable. The large size makes it very awkward to carry. Carrying it on flat surfaces is fine. Stairs are a killer.

I'll keep that in mind :P Otherwise i'll have to hire a firm to move it, haha
Around 600 and located in Europe...perhaps a nice used Laney or Marshall JCM2000 dsl.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Yeah, Peaveys expensive in Europe I hear.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
IF he's in Europe he might be able to find a used ENGL thunder...
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Yea i'm from sweden.

Alright, i'll look into those as well, thanks
Yeah, if you're in Sweden, then definately look into ENGL. I'd hop on one of those in a second if they were available at decent prices on Canada.

Jaha du är ifrån Sverige! Peaveys 5150's och ENGL är svindyra här. De är ganska svåra att hitta också. Du kan inte få en för 6000 kr tyvärr. Här ligger de på c:a 14000 minst. Men kolla på Marshall JCM800 eller JCM900. De ligger i din prisklass. Med en Overdrive pedal till kan du lira metal på dem utan problem.

Well i said this:
Oh youre from Sweden! Peavey 5150's and ENGL are really expensive here. They are rather hard to find also. You cant get one for 600$ here, they are about 1500$ atleast. But check a Marshall JCM800 or JCM900, they are in you priceeclass. WIth an Overdrive pedal you can easly play metal on one.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Jaha du är ifrån Sverige! Peaveys 5150's och ENGL är svindyra här. De är ganska svåra att hitta också. Du kan inte få en för 6000 kr tyvärr. Här ligger de på c:a 14000 minst. Men kolla på Marshall JCM800 eller JCM900. De ligger i din prisklass. Med en Overdrive pedal till kan du lira metal på dem utan problem.

Well i said this:
Oh youre from Sweden! Peavey 5150's and ENGL are really expensive here. They are rather hard to find also. You cant get one for 600$ here, they are about 1500$ atleast. But check a Marshall JCM800 or JCM900, they are in you priceeclass. WIth an Overdrive pedal you can easly play metal on one.

Hehe aa. Okej, ska ta en titt på dem tackar så mycket
Helt ok. Själv har jag en JCM800 och den är väldigt bra. Metallica använde dem på Ride THe Lightning och tror Maiden också har gjort det.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Alltså JCM800 och JCM900 säljs inte nya (förutom reissuen, men de ligge rpå c:a 20000). De är bara beganadnade. Var i Sverige bor du? Kan hjälpa dig att leta upp några...
Om du bor i Stockholm, kolla in dessa:
http://www.blocket.se/vi/8221030.htm?ca=11_s
http://www.annonsdirekt.se/aa.asp?aaaa=4182074
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Ok.
http://www.blocket.se/vi/8152592.htm?ca=11_s (endast topp, du behöver en låda också, men du kan hitta vissa för c:a 1000 kr)
http://www.annonsdirekt.se/aa.asp?aaaa=4190150 (3 kanals combo)

DSL401 är en Marshall combo som ksotar c:a 8000 ny. Den är ganska bra. Kolla också in Laney LC-30.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band