ok me and my band got this gig at a 4th of july party and theres gonna be alot of people there.Were opening for a well known band and its our first show. Everyone is really nervous.What can i tell them to get them in the zone and more relaxed so the can perform better.

thanks
Its not me so much as my band, well mostly my drummer he gets really nervous around lmore than a couple people when he plays. How can i get him 2 chill and relaxe
I hope you're legs shake so bad you can't stand so you get yourself a chair, and even then your hands shake, you miss chords and you pick wrong strings, you forget what you are supposed to be playing, you play too fast then realize and play too slow, you fall out of time, you false start then try to play a random false start solo and screw that up too, you'll probably screw up big time. good luck
Quote by rubberbullets
I hope you're legs shake so bad you can't stand so you get yourself a chair, and even then your hands shake, you miss chords and you pick wrong strings, you forget what you are supposed to be playing, you play too fast then realize and play too slow, you fall out of time, you false start then try to play a random false start solo and screw that up too, you'll probably screw up big time. good luck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHA

HA

if you guys do **** up real bad than you know this kinda stuff isnt for you... if you all the sudden get rocken and start soundin awesome then congrats you might make it. some people just like to play for themselves, ya know
I'm not funny, nor smart enough to have a funny or smart sig...
:P just look at it like you're going up there to have fun, pick a song you know you can do well that they're gonna enjoy...... and yeah, try to change your attitude about it, don't have the mindset of "omg i hope i don't screw this up we haven't practiced enough" , try something more like "im gonna go up there and kick everyones a$$ but y'know if you screw up the easy song then maybe playing for a crowd isn't for you, it's even worse when its just you and a guitar (been there done that, but a little alcohol goes a long way)
Tell them to get really hyper. Jump up and down. Get an adrenalin rush. Think really positive about the moment... Like said by twenny, think about it like you're gonna kick some ass. Cause you are... it's gonna rock. Seriously. First gigs are ALWAYS something fun to look back to. So just have fun. Seriously. Have fun.

Try to get them into like a party or a really great mood beforehand. You know how sometimes you and your buddies are hangin out, and you just get so hyper 'cause you're all just laughing your asses off? And you're just so alive and having so much fun? Do that. Somehow... right before the gig. It'll really loosen em up. It's what we do all the time.
"1456"... if you're reading this, you know what the code means, and i mean every word of it.... 1456!!!
you have a 4th of july party??
and you're stressing about it in may?

alright... i've got a sweet idea for you. go out and get yourself some small gigs.

practice playing in front of people. invite people from school over to hear you jam. pull your parents in to listen... practice in front of people.

then when you're big show comes, you settle into a bit of a routine... pretend it's your best friends out there watching you...

anyway. good luck.

jazkel24
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
Be gay like Fall out Boy, jump and run all over the stage like a five year old who just escaped from his play pen
Dude just think of it as nothing just you guys playing your songs. Just act like its preactice and your just having fun
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
trust me after that first song it all goes away,and if your good what is there to worry about!
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
There's really not much you can do rather than to keep practicing what you're going to do, and then get it down so you have it perfect.

You can just tell them it's gonna be fine, and that it'll be good. Even if you screw up, it's mostly your family and friends, they're not gonna kill you :P ... I think?
im in a 5 piece band and we do 5 part harmonies, so before each show, we create a huddle backstage or outside or whatever and start singing a song doing one of our 5 part harmonies and we start bouncing up and down, and by the time weve finished the part were doing, weve chilled out and started getting that rush and were really in the zone, we then go out on stage and let our crazy stage presence loose and jus rule the stage, its worth a try.
When my band played our first show, i didnt feel nervous emotionally, but somehow i pyshically did. By the middle of the first song, my right hand (plucking on bass) cramped up. It wasnt cool, but i kept on playing. Luckily there was a break kinda thing at end of that song where guitar did some solos and stuff so i got to relax my hand and stuff. Just make sure you talk to the crowd and have fun. If you do, they will have fun to. If you mess up dont stop playing ect and look like your angry or mortified. Have fun!