i have a fairly cheap acoustic guitar. it servers its purpose and sounds pretty decent for a

"**** around with, dont worry about it getting damaged" guitar

anyway the bridge is kinda funky on it... it looks like i could put in electric strings and have it work! the strings made by the company that work in this suck balls :/ they grip on my fingers way to much but ive learned to get use to it... anyway, do you think it would be possible to use electric strings?

ill post a pic in a few here

I'm not funny, nor smart enough to have a funny or smart sig...
Last edited by NewWaves at May 16, 2006,
a bridge like that isn't uncommon. lots of people prefer that style of bridge over the traditional bridge pin still since with bridge pins you have 6 holes drilled in the middle of your soundboard.

as for using electric strings.... i don't play electric guitar so i'm not 100% certain but i'm sure you COULD do it.... but you can also steer a car with your feet but that doesn't make it a good f'kn idea now does it?
Quote by jimtaka
a bridge like that isn't uncommon. lots of people prefer that style of bridge over the traditional bridge pin still since with bridge pins you have 6 holes drilled in the middle of your soundboard.

as for using electric strings.... i don't play electric guitar so i'm not 100% certain but i'm sure you COULD do it.... but you can also steer a car with your feet but that doesn't make it a good f'kn idea now does it?

i only ask because i dont want to buy the ****ty acoustic strings made by the same company the suck big time! but i havent seen acoustic strings with the ball on end like an electric...

as for driving with your feet... what works the pedals?
Quote by NewWaves
i only ask because i dont want to buy the ****ty acoustic strings made by the same company the suck big time! but i havent seen acoustic strings with the ball on end like an electric...

as for driving with your feet... what works the pedals?

cruise control

all acoustic strings have that round anchor on the end.....

if you are wanting reccomendations on what strings to get then search this forum and you'll find eleventy billion threads on acoustic strings.... my personal reccomendation is d'addario exp's.
Quote by jimtaka
cruise control

all acoustic strings have that round anchor on the end.....

if you are wanting reccomendations on what strings to get then search this forum and you'll find eleventy billion threads on acoustic strings.... my personal reccomendation is d'addario exp's.

see... this is my first acoustic and i didnt know that... i thought they all that loop to fit over the peg and you put the cap on... hope i dont come off sounding like a complete idiot

and what about switching gears? and braking?
nah that loop doesn't fit over the bridge pin (peg). and you don't sound like an idiot at all. there's TONS of stuff that we all have yet to learn!! that's what this forum is for!

and we're getting a little carried away with the car metaphor.... you knew what i meant.
Quote by jimtaka
nah that loop doesn't fit over the bridge pin (peg). and you don't sound like an idiot at all. there's TONS of stuff that we all have yet to learn!! that's what this forum is for!

and we're getting a little carried away with the car metaphor.... you knew what i meant.

haha well thats good to know... ill have to do some looking for some acoustic strings.. and i thought the MAIN reason for UG was the PIT

and yea... i get what ya mean haha
Quote by NewWaves
haha well thats good to know... ill have to do some looking for some acoustic strings.. and i thought the MAIN reason for UG was the PIT

and yea... i get what ya mean haha

hahaha, i honestly hardly EVER read anything in the pit.
I love the way that bridge is set up. What brand of guitar is that? Can i get a brigde like that put on a guitar so i dont have the holes drilled in
Electric strings probably would sound kinda...cold, on an acoustic.

There are a reason there are strings for acoustic and strings for electric.

Take the guesswork out of buying strings...Elixir phosphor bronze nanowebs.
The reason people don't use electric guitar strings on an acoustic guitar is because electric guitar strings are made so that they don't create as much tension. Less tention is bad for acoustics because you need to be able to drive the top. If you put electric strings on your acoustic guitar then it will sound thin and you will probably get lost of fret buzz.

You can use any brand of acoustic guitar strings you want. Try several types before you decide that one brand is better than all the others.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by GsKoRn1
I love the way that bridge is set up. What brand of guitar is that? Can i get a brigde like that put on a guitar so i dont have the holes drilled in

haha well this is my firsta acoustic that i actually took the time to see everything etc...

i bought a pack of acoutstic strings now that i realize that they all have that ball on the end... i put the e string in and i got it half tuned (with the other 5 strings on making sure the tension was even) and the damn ball broke and the string came right through the hole! i thought i snapped it but the ball just came out.

i'd tell you the brand but.... i dont feel like having my balls busted for the next month or so! but really, for a cheap guitar like that it sounds as good as the one martin i played! the action is kinda high which pisses me off at times but it just trains my fingers some more
Quote by ChickenStu
Electric strings probably would sound kinda...cold, on an acoustic.

There are a reason there are strings for acoustic and strings for electric.

Take the guesswork out of buying strings...Elixir phosphor bronze nanowebs.

yes, i realize this now... i just thought this was a special bridge on a cheap guitar and it HAD to have the same brand strings as the company that made the guitar. and i hated those strings because they grip on your finger when you try to slide up or down. im just kind of use to my electric strings... but for the past few months ive been hooked on the accoustic sound. just random picking and little variations sound awesome.
if you want something that doesn't grab your fingers then i'd say go with the elixir strings